Indy Gaming Message Board Tabletop Games (Party/ Card/ Board) › Board Games Plus

Board Games Plus

Shane
user 8354773
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 75
First of all, I have to say I've had a ton of fun these last 5 years. From our first board gaming events at libraries and bookstores to our more recent events at game stores...and all the "unlisted" events in between. We've seen the group double (triple?) since we started infusing the group with our brand of tabletop fun.

During the past few months, discussions have been ongoing to make some changes and expand the focus of boardgaming in Indy.

Introducing Board Games Plus...

We're getting back to the original concept of boardgaming events. Smaller events where we can actually get to know each other a bit better. The major reason I personally came to the Meetup in the first place was to grow my circle of gaming friends - not to be part of a nameless crowd. I want to make sure we're all able to have a great time - we all like to be part of the fun. Hey, Norm! (sorry, had to add an 80's reference)

The current events at game stores will continue, of course. But, in addition, we will now add more local events to the calendar. We'll be including various neighborhoods in the fun, adding new venues. We'll have some themed events (i.e. particular board games, party games). We will also have some that are open gaming.

If you'd ever like to suggest a venue - or host a one-time event - let us know. We're over a 1,000 members now! Let's do what we can to have a presence around town.

In addition, there will be some events that are group-related, but not gaming centered. I'll be hosting some alternative events to get a sense of how many of you are interested. If there's a movie you want to see, but don't want to go alone, let me know and you can host it as an event - maybe we'll all go see Superman when it comes out...why not Star Wars Episode 7 when it arrives?

And yes, we will have some outdoor events - some announced in advance and others fairly impromptu.

See you at the table
Don
user 26675082
Avon, IN
Post #: 49
Sounds great Shane. With that in mind, we are in Avon on the West side of Indy and have a game night every Thursday that starts ~5 and continues until sometime around midnight.

We have devoted this night to board games and card games (ex. DC deck building).

We all looked at each other last Thursday and said we need a new game, so this is very timely, indeed!

If you are on the West side, or are willing to come to Avon, then we would be willing to host you. Bring your games that you want to try, have been afraid to try, whatever...and let's do it! We are even open to helping people develop new games and play testing...in the end we just want to have fun.

We just bought an 8' conference table last week for our game room (should be here this week, woot!), and should have plenty of room for 1-2 games going at a time.

Contact me if interested, and I look forward to seeing you.

Don
(317) 908-3699

ps Mods, if this post needs to be moved, feel free.