Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Living Forgotten Realms Campaign (4E)

Living Forgotten Realms Campaign (4E)

Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hail and well met!

My name's Brian and I've been playing D&D for over 14 years now. I love both playing and running games and my past experience in the RPGA has shown me that it's a great way for newcomers to get acquainted with D&D and for seasoned gamers to enjoy a truly epic gaming experience. I'm looking for anywhere from 4-42 players to start up an official RPGA Living Forgotten Realms Campaign in the Indianapolis area.

For those of you unfamiliar with the RPGA, it is the organized-play branch of WotC. Much like this Meetup, the RPGA exists to provide opportunities for gaming and social interaction. The "Living" campaigns, though, are ongoing campaigns run worldwide. That means that your character is part of an evolving and vibrant game world in which thousands of others are actively gaming. In some modules, you may have the opportunity to directly affect the course of Realms history AND your character is always fully transferable (with all XP, gold, items, and in-game accomplishments) to any RPGA event around the world. Plus, every four months, you earn rewards based on the number of RPGA events you participate.

For now, games will meet at my house on the last Saturday of the month (starting August 30th). Each game day will feature two 4-hour adventures. The first starts promptly at 10:00 AM, followed by a break from 2:30-3:30 PM. The second starts promptly at 3:30 PM and runs until 8:00 PM. No smoking or alcohol at the sessions and you are encouraged to bring your own drinks and/or snacks. There are also lots of restaurants right down the street. RPGA membership is required to play, but membership is always free and you can get your membership card at your first session.

To encourage new players, the first game day will be completely free. After that, each player's first session will be free; but future sessions will have an entry fee of $5.00. The fees go to cover the costs of printing core adventures, obtaining adapted adventures, and providing prizes to the best player at each table.

I forgot to mention that the Living Forgotten Realms campaign is just starting this August. That means you can get in on the ground level and experience every last moment of this exciting campaign. If you'd be interested in playing, contact me at: renewinglight@gmail.com.

I'm also looking for 3-4 more people to serve as DMs and Marshals during events. These positions are responsible for running sessions during game days and helping to keep things organized before, during, and after sessions. To qualify for these positions you must have at least one year of experience as a DM, be familiar with 4E rules, and commit to making each session. You'll also have to pass the Herald-level DM exam on the RPGA website.

DMs and Marshals don't have to miss out on gaming, though. Two weeks before each session, I will run a special event where I take the DMs through the adventures they'll be running on game day. You'll have just as much chance to experience and shape your adventures in the Forgotten Realms. Also, players actively serving as DMs and Marshals always play free.
Christian
cmkleman
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 40
Hey, this sounds great. I just have one question for you. What side of town are you on? I'm pretty sure I'll jump in on this, but location would help me make a final decision.
Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
I'm on the far eastside with easy access to I-70. I'm planning on moving to Downtown Comics (or another retail location convenient to everyone) as soon as we get enough regular players for two or three tables.
Christian
cmkleman
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 41
I'll probably show up for the first meeting to check things out, provided my memory serves me well. As I'm over on the Westside now, it might be a little too far of a commute for a regular thing, but we'll see.
Mark
Bolo_Avlis
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 15
Arrgh, sounds great but I work all day on Saturdays.
Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
Since when does being a responsible adult come before gaming? Give in to your inner-geek; nobody will think less of you if you quit your job to game. =]

Seriously, though, if we ever have an event that's not on Saturday, I'll be sure to let you know. If for any reason you're ever free on the last Saturday of the month, you're always welcome to join us, too. One of the great things about the RPGA is that it's easy for casual gamers to get involved. Even if they can only play once or twice a year, they can easily slip right into the campaign and play an interesting and vital role in the adventure(s) they participate in.
William
user 4621894
Noblesville, IN
Post #: 7
Thanks for offer. I just looked over the RPGA; man, it's nothing like it used to be--and I mean that in a good way. The RPGA is better than it was waaay back when I merely thought about joining. The link is here:

http://www.wizards.co...­.

I'd be interested if someone can twist my arm into playing 4E-- seriously, I'd like to play a couple of 4E sessions and give it a shot.
William
user 4621894
Noblesville, IN
Post #: 8
One quick question, and maybe I missed it--how many times a month would you be getting together? I'd like to shoot for once a month personally.
Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
Once a month is the plan. It'll be the last Saturday of every month and our first game will be August 30th.

Our first session will run from Noon - 5 PM and we'll be playing a second adventure from 6 PM - 11 PM. The first game will be Inheritance, in which you will adventure through the ruins of a city destroyed by the returned Netherese empire for the ancestral treasures of a merchant down on his luck. The second game, Radiant Vessel of Thesk, will involve tracking down a powerful object against undead that just might aid in the battle against Ssaz Tam in Thay.

We'll have a decent mix of experienced and new players, so it's a good environment to learn the game and have a good time.

This first session will be at my house, but future session will either be at Gamerz in Greenwood or at Downtown Comics in either Greenwood or Castleton. I'm letting the players at the first session vote on the location.
A former member
Post #: 6
Brian, would there be any problem if I skipped the first session and wanted to play the evening one?