align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Minatures Historical or Otherwise › D&D miniatures changes

D&D miniatures changes

A former member
Post #: 38
True the colors in the pictures do a lot of times do not do justice to the real things. I agree that Goliath with the huge 12ft sword looks downright silly, well at least from the picture.
A former member
Post #: 47
I just boght a bunch of DDM recently and looked at the galleries before I bought them. I thought the real minis weren't as nice as the pictures, so I wonder what's up with that.
Tod
Orbrover
Franklin, IN
Post #: 31
Yeah, there's some variation of the quality of the paint job between minis of the same kind too. Some paint jobs were just poorly done (not that I could do any better), but some paint jobs were really fantastic. I read that the new line was supposed to have fewer minis allowing them to, among other things, have better paint jobs.
A former member
Post #: 39
Yeah
I am really looking forward to the "monster packs" They claim all paint steps will increase up a level. Also, I have to say I don't mind painting miniatures myself, but I am really finding favor with plastic sort due to the ease of storage.
My metal minis chip, bend, sometime even break. My plastic minis seem to take a lot more abuse and still look fine, and when they do bend just pop 'em in some hot water bend 'em right then dip 'em in some cold water.

As far as the picture looking better than the miniature from DDM. I have pretty much always found it to be the opposite. The pictures looks not as good as the real thing sculpt-wise. However I am sure the paint jobs in the picture are the best or their lot.
A former member
Post #: 15
I'm a little concerned about the cost 10.99 for 3 minatures that only look a little better than the ones from the old sets where I think you got 8 or 9 minis for 14.99.

That doesn't balance out in my mind. Even on Amazon at 8.79 each seems a little bit high too. I will say that I wont buy them at 10.99 each. I probably will bite the bullet and order them from amazon. I am thinking they should be 9.99 at the most in store and like 7.99 from amazon

If anyone finds these cheaper anywhere please let me know.
A former member
Post #: 40
I'm a little concerned about the cost 10.99 for 3 minatures that only look a little better than the ones from the old sets where I think you got 8 or 9 minis for 14.99.

That doesn't balance out in my mind. Even on Amazon at 8.79 each seems a little bit high too. I will say that I wont buy them at 10.99 each. I probably will bite the bullet and order them from amazon. I am thinking they should be 9.99 at the most in store and like 7.99 from amazon

If anyone finds these cheaper anywhere please let me know.

I agree the price of $11 bucks for 3 "super" rare quality painted miniatures that you can actually see, before you buy is a little steep. However it sounds like the worldwide petroleum issue (since plastics come from oil products), I imagine the higher cost of oil is having a relatively marked effect on the cost of production.

I am still on the fence about getting the new player character minis on this series. I am more interested the 5 pack monster minis.
A former member
Post #: 16
Any idea on how much the 5 pack is going to cost. I hope they are going to charge like 16 bucks for that. If anyone knows the cost please post it here.
A former member
Post #: 42
From W0tC:

"Releasing in Spring 2009, the first D&D Monsters set is called Monster Manual: Dangerous Delves. This will be a 40-miniature set containing both medium and large sized figures. Each semi-randomized “booster” box contains 5 minis: 1 visible figure, 1 rare figure, 1 uncommon figure and 2 common figures, as well as full-color D&D Dungeon Delve stat cards for each miniature. MSRP $14.99."

http://www.wizards.co...­
Tod
Orbrover
Franklin, IN
Post #: 36
Hm...14.99 for 5 minis. Not sure how cost effective that is for me personally. I'll take a look when they are available and make my decision then, I guess, based on need v. want. :^)
A former member
Post #: 17
I am hoping reaper continues to do colored plastic minis they are usually reasonable in price even though you only get one mini you get to see what your buying and none of this random crap either. I wish D&D would go to a system more like this but then they would not sell certain ones I guess. Here is hoping with the bad economy they consider lowering the prices by about a buck or two, doubtful mind you but here's hoping.