addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board General Gaming › Indy Area Game Stores

Indy Area Game Stores

Brian
user 6995012
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Since the Boardroom closed in June, I haven't found a really good game store in the Indianapolis area. The northside Game Preserve doesn't seem to carry much in the way of RPGs, and the northside comic stores barely have anything at all.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 28
I am in the same boat been relying on buying online. Sadly, you don't get to check out the merchandise before purchasing. I usually go to the game preserve but they are mostly selling Warmachine or Warhammer and as you said sort of light on RPG. Infact aside from minis and dice most things the game preserve sells RPG-wise can be bought in any retail book store like Borders or B. Dalton, etc. I would love for someone to open up a real game store on the North side.
Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 112
Gamerz is an incredible gaming store if you're willing to travel to Greenwood. They carry a good supply of D&D books, D&D Minis, MtG, and a host of other CCGs, RPGs, and board/card games. They also have enough gaming room to seat 100+ people and have several organized games every week (including two separate RPGA groups). You can get an address and directions from http:/www.gamerzfaith.com.
Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 113
http:/www.gamerzfaith.com.
­
http://www.gamerzfait...­

Oops...
A former member
Post #: 29
Yeah I have been to Gamerz before, its a really nice place. I just hate schlepping all the way to the south side. When I live so far north I can see Carmel through my back yard.
A former member
Post #: 1
A friend of mine started a store on the west side in Avon called Games2d4 a while back. It's unfortunately quite a drive from where I live, so I haven't been there for a while and can't comment on their inventory, but it is a great little store that is devoted (almost) entirely to gaming. Their address is at the bottom of the web page if you live close enough to check it out.

http://www.games2d4.c...­
Christian
cmkleman
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 50
While Games2d4 is a great little store with plenty of room to game, they are almost exclusively miniatures focused. Hell, last time I was there, the RPG book section was about 2 feet of shelf space. They didn't even have a copy of either the 4e PHB or the World of Darkness core book stocked. I asked the owner about it and he told me that there's no money in RPG books and only really orders them if someone preorders. No being able to flip through the book before buying it here, and they have to get stuff through a distributor, so they get stuff after everyone else.

I'm really trying not to bash Games2d4. It really is a great store if you're into miniatures or CCGs.
A former member
Post #: 31
While Games2d4 is a great little store with plenty of room to game, they are almost exclusively miniatures focused. Hell, last time I was there, the RPG book section was about 2 feet of shelf space. They didn't even have a copy of either the 4e PHB or the World of Darkness core book stocked. I asked the owner about it and he told me that there's no money in RPG books and only really orders them if someone preorders. No being able to flip through the book before buying it here, and they have to get stuff through a distributor, so they get stuff after everyone else.

I'm really trying not to bash Games2d4. It really is a great store if you're into miniatures or CCGs.

I agree been once to G2d4 store. They do have a good minis selection but are light on RPG stuff.

It's weird, I seem to have met quite a few people that spend plenty of money on RPG books and accessories. Maybe I should open a store on the Northside and guilt my friends into buying stuff hehe...
Brian
user 6995012
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
It's weird, I seem to have met quite a few people that spend plenty of money on RPG books and accessories. Maybe I should open a store on the Northside and guilt my friends into buying stuff hehe...

Heh. Opening my own game store is on my "things to do when I win the lottery" list.
Andrew
user 8061023
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
Where was the Boardroom located?

I live Downtown, and a few months ago I wandered into the Aresenal Game Room - that's a pretty neat place. They carry a good supply of RPG's as well as some boardgames. The neat thing is, they've got 3 fair size game rooms which are themed.

It's also a cafe with some good food and bakery. The owners are very friendly as well!

It's about a mile SE from downtown - very close to the freeway.

Website is http://www.aresenalga...­