Indy Gaming Message Board Tabletop Games (Party/ Card/ Board) › How many Puerto Rico fans do we have here? (or other eurogames)

How many Puerto Rico fans do we have here? (or other eurogames)

John
user 2286003
Carmel, IN
Post #: 19
I finally picked this game up and am looking for additional players. I also enjoy Agricola, Settlers, and other eurogames.

I live on the north side, and we usually like to host game nights (my wife and I).
John
user 2286003
Carmel, IN
Post #: 21
It seems this D&D Meetup group is dominated by D&D players. What a shocker!
Heather
lovest1274
Fishers, IN
Post #: 200
It seems this D&D Meetup group is dominated by D&D players. What a shocker!

Yes, but give it some time. :) It'll probably be another year or so before the board and card game enthusiasts start to come out to play regularly. You might check out Lon's Hamilton County board game group.. I think it would be perfect to meet your immediate needs.. since yer in Carmel in all.

;)

John
user 2286003
Carmel, IN
Post #: 23
Seems Lon's group is adverse to such euro style board games as Settlers, Puerto Rico, etc.. They are more the Monopoly and Scattegories crowd from what I can surmise. Maybe if I go to a meetup I can entice them into different games, not sure.
heather
user 7171756
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hi,

my husband and I are long time euro style board game players. We have puerto rico and many many others like it and love to play them all. We would be interested in setting up a game day, as we miss playing games as much as we did prior to moving here. We are not the "super competitive" players but love a good challenge.

just a few other games we like: settler of catan, power grid, san juan, carcassone, hacienda, oasis and antike.
Chris E.
user 9270700
Indianapolis, IN
My wife and I liked Puerto Rico. Have you tried it's card-game derivative, San Juan? I think it plays better. It's certainly faster, and has the advantage of playing with 2 to 4 players instead of 3 to 5.

We live on the NW side, and are avid gamers (especially eurogames, my wife really prefers them). We're not much into RPG (really, the wife doesn't like them at all). We'd definately be interested in getting together or hosting.

We've also held one 'boardgame party' and are looking to host another. We just get a bunch of people together and play games all afternoon/evening (we usually switch to Are you a werewolf in the evening assuming we have enough players).
Shane
user 8354773
Indianapolis, IN
I recently hosted a gaming event with the club (which went well). I'm trying hard to get a bigger contingent of board games (EURO-gamers). Hang in there! I am in another gaming group that plays weekly (Agricola, Puerto Rico, etc.). If you'd be interested, I may look into a downtown location to game at. I need to know how many are interested. E-mail me and let me know! (I live in Greenwood and it's a bit of drive to the northside)

We'll work it all out. There are WAY too many board gamers at Gen Con to not have more locally...
heather
user 7171756
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
My hasband and I and 4 other friends love that and other eurogames. got an ideas
A former member
Hey eveyone. I just joined today and am a big eurogamer. Would love to find some time to get together and play. I am on BGG.com(athmok), so look me up if interested in playing.
Chris P.
Vernikov
Brownsburg, IN
Post #: 2
Big board game fan particullarly Eurogames.
Not only interested in playing but willing to host game days as well.