align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Gamer family on the east side

Gamer family on the east side

Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 2
The three of us, Wife, 12 yr old daughter and myself moved out here last year and looking for gamers.
We have a nice place with a big gaming room in the back perfect for our gaming needs. We kind of like to do the gaming nights like a pot-luck. Everyone participates in some way if they can. My wife is a excellent cook and she's a cake decorator so she loves to feed us her amazing creations.
I've been gaming for a couple of decades as I'm 37. My wife is rather new to gaming but she enjoys it. Our daughter has some experience via the internet and a few games under our belt.
We are looking for people who don't set off our "weirdo alarm" considering we've got a kid, and that I game with my wife. As far as our gaming style we like rules, with flexibility. What ever makes the game more fun. However we are not fond of adventures being run off the cuff with little preparation. I can run a game as the DM or play. And am willing to play a game under a DM who is more experienced than myself. Otherwise I'd be more than willing to run a game with a patient group willing to help me out where I'm lacking experience. I used to know 2.0 rules like the back of my hand able to flip to a rule simply by just cracking open the book to the right page on first try. 3.0 I'm a little rusty. I enjoy running my games in a democratic fashion as it's my belief it's everyone's game, and not just the DM's in the belief that it's my way or the highway. My game is flexible as I allow what I believe anything within reason. A kobold or minotaur ran by a experienced player able to make a background story and able to meld into a group with little trouble is good. However a creature that requires a +1 to hit that can fly or any other such nonsense is not allowed in my game. And I would not be happy playing in a group that allows such. No 1/2 dragons or any other such nonsense.
Also we'd prefer to game with people who don't have any strange quirks. Dirty habits, or bad hygiene. No wandering around our place when we are gaming, cover your mouth when you cough. We just expect common sense, common courtesy just like everyone else. And most of all looking for gamers we feel comfortable with considering you generally make friends with your gamer buddies.

Thanks guys!
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 4
Daughter on restriction for bad grades. So it might be just my wife and I or just me.
Rob
Bavix
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 20
Hey Steven,

I also live on the east side (around Washington and Post). I'm always excited to meet other gamers and to try out new games. You can contact me at bavix@att.net if you want to get something together or just talk gaming.

Rob
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 6
Sent you an email :)
A former member
Post #: 1
I live in Greenfield and my wife and I (and sometimes daughter) are always looking for the right people to sit down to play games with.

We are mostly a "board game" type of family and I own over 130 games that we drag out.
Catan
Puerto Rico
Bootleggers
and a myriad of others.

When my wife and kids aren't around, I love a good game of Descent or Arkham Horror.

Interested in finding a time for Pizza and games?
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 7
Joe do you play any roleplaying games like D&D?
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 8
We are currently a person or two shy of having enough people to start. So far, my wife and I. Scott, and Andrew. Maybe a guy by the name of Howard. So a couple of more people and we'd be able to work out the finer details to start a DND game.
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 9
Heard back from someone. So far it would be myself, my wife, Scott, and Michael? And may get Andrew in as well when he's in town. Would really like to have one more reliable gamer at least.
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 11
I've spoken to a few people recently and we are trying to make plans to get together and talk about what we want to do regarding gaming. Anyone interested please contact me.

Thanks!
Steven H.
user 7956862
Fortville, IN
Post #: 14
Got a group going, and we are currently full. Feel free to join the waiting list.