addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Looking to join/ start Exalted (White wolf) game

Looking to join/ start Exalted (White wolf) game

Greg M.
user 9336980
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hello!

I'm moving to the Broad Ripple area in July 2009. I've been gaming for 20 years, and I've been playing Exalted (2nd edition) for about a year now.

Anyone who loves white wolf probably understands the difficulty of finding a group! If anyone on this meetup plays Exalted , please contact me!

If no current game exists, I am quite willing to start a group. Ideally, we'd play every other week, probably on a weekend night, with 4-6 players. We'd probably start mid-July. I can host, but it might not be preferable as I have little ones who will surely want to interrupt. I can run or play and enjoy both equally. Familiarity with the white wolf system is a big plus.

Exalted is White Wolf's version of feudal anime. Items tend to be sword-and-sorcery style, though magic can replicate some modern equipment. Starting characters are still vastly more powerful than mere mortals. Like all white wolf games, it is level-less (you use xp to buy skills or stats). The ability to fire flaming arrows or run up walls comes early on. If you like high-fantasy, high-powered d&d, or final-fantasy-esque settings, then Exalted may fit you perfectly.

If you're interested, please comment here and we'll get in touch!

~Greg

A former member
Post #: 5
Hello Greg,

My name is john and I am looking for people to join a small gaming group I play with I live on the west side around 465 and washington I have a place to game if that isnt to far to drive. Let me know if your interested and maybe we can set something up.

john
Greg M.
user 9336980
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
That looks like maybe 30 minutes from me, which is fine. I'm not familiar with the area at all yet, and my job hasn't given me an exact location.

Does the group have an on-going campaign/game, or are you looking to start one? If there's a current game, when do you meet, and what system/edition does it use? Also, how many more people do you think would play, and how many more are you looking for? I'm looking on some other forums, as well, so maybe we can pull something together!

Greg M.
user 9336980
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Ok, I am finally in Indy! I didn't find a group, but I found a few interested players who would join a new group. (John, if your group is still interested in playing exalted and wants to take on new members, let me know.)

So, we're forming a new group.

Time: Saturday nights, 4-10pm, bimonthly
Place: most likely butler/tarkington area
ST/GM/DM: me
Current gamers: 2-3, plus ST
Open slots 1-4
Ideal group size: 4-6 players
First session: mid august

Standards:
18+: This game tends to be inappropriate for children. Not that it's "adult", but the books themselves contain cartoon nudity, references to bestiality, slavery, torture, and other oddities. These usually wouldn't come up in play, but still, I'd feel better with an age restriction!

Allergy warning: Cat or dog most likely present

Creeper warning: most of the players have small kids, who won't be at the table but will be home (depending on whose house we end up playing at.) To that end, we'd prefer to meet any potential gamers ahead of time.

White Wolf familiarity: You don't have to know Exalted, but familiarity with white wolf may do you a world of good. The system is dice intensive (you will end up rolling 20 dice on one roll, i promise, as you count up successes instead of adding bonuses to a single roll). The system is more social than most d&d games (conflicts can be resolved with words, not swords, some of the time).

Needed dice: A ton of d10s. (Literally, 20+).

About the game:

You play a character that gets filled with divine power on a super-human level. While most player characters are heroic, they also have to have a flaw that, well, sometimes makes them crazy for a day. The setting is epic fantasy, with eastern leanings, but also a bit of final fantasy feel to it. It's entirely possible to run up walls, walk on water, ride around in mecha-robot things, fly sky-ships, try to talk flying skyships out of destroying your town, duel on top of spear points, blow up a town, bitch-slap a god, arm-wrestle a demon, and anything else over-the-top anime. Your characters will affect the world, in huge ways, pretty much from the get-go. Of course, people just as powerful as yourself exist to oppose you. Or help you. Or whatever. Sometimes they are too busy torturing age-old enemies.

Creatures from hell and from the underworld - too distinctly different places, one with demons and one with undead - will of course try to destroy the world on a regular basis.

Additionally, the game includes stunt bonuses, where the cooler the description you give of an action, the more dice you get to try to help you succeed. Other mechanisms encourage the player to be more active than reactive.

Basically, it's a superhero-type game, in an anime/ fantasy setting.
Any interest?

KanonKross
user 3241643
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 40
I don't know if this game is still open for joining, but I've wanting to get back into Exalted for awhile.

I played a Siderial a while back, as well as a Solar, both I loved.

I'm familiar with the first edition of the game, and if the changes are similar to what they did with Mage (mostly fluff), that's cool with me.
Greg M.
user 9336980
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
Sorry about the long delay. I just emailed Kronoss.

We definitely still have openings for this game. We had been playing on Tuesdays, but it will probably have to be moved to Sundays again, every other week, 6-midnight, near Butler Univeristy. If anyone's interested, try emailing me directly as well.

Our game is taking off, with the players starting to conquer part of the Scavenger Lands. The game includes political, social, and mass combat.

Any takers?