Indy Gaming Message Board General Gaming › Looking for a good game store near Carmel

Looking for a good game store near Carmel

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Guys,

I posted earlier about moving to Carmel and looking for a 4e (or any other) campaign to join. Well, I'm all settled now, but still have no game. =(

To sate my nerdly hunger, I thought it was high time to find a good gaming store that I can wander through, while dreaming of rolling dice and slaying monsters. Can anyone recommend some places? I like stores that have a good selection of books and miniatures. I am a little old fashioned in that I don't really care for plastic minis. I like stores that carry a good supply of pewter minis (i.e. Reaper and the like). I thought that I could pass some time painting minis until I find a group to join.

Who can point me towards such a place? Oh, and an address to go with the store's name would be awesome.

Cheers,
Leo
A former member
Post #: 65
Hey Leo, I am not sure if your on the E or W side of Carmel. If you are on the eastern side you may find it easier to head over to the fashion mall(NE side of Indy, just east of 86th and Keystone). The mall has a store called the "Game Preserve", they have the metal minis on the back wall. They also have plastic ones too. It's not the best game store by any means but it may be your best bet. They also host some games there too, not sure which game(s). There is a calendar with the events scheduled, on the wall. I hope this helps...
Galen C.
AcesFullMoon
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
I have to second this recommendation. I'm a Southsider, and haven't even been been one of those for all that long, but I came across the Fashion Mall Game Preserve a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I actually played a really, really lousy MTG deck in a tourney there. Everyone was very supportive of me as they smoked me match after match. Nice people, nice place, decent selection.
A former member
Post #: 1
Game Preserve is now across the street, no longer in the mall. I think that mall is called Fashion Commons. It is near McAlisters Deli, same mall as Kohls.

Place is much bigger than the one in the mall. Good gaming space in back, like 6 minis tables. Mainly Minis are played here. If you are a Games Workshop person this is heaven. Also other minis games galore and good selection of Magic. For me the board games inventory is par none. They do have RPG stuff but not their true calling.

Aristides

Melissa G.
user 9830711
Noblesville, IN
Post #: 1
I can ditto their GP reccomendation and add an alternative with some insider info. A little farther than GP east out Pendleton Pike, you will find Saltire. It is new to the area, but they bought out Jerry- Boardroom Games- inventory after he retired so right now they have the most interesting collection of out-of-production minis I have ever seen. It's worth the drive just to paw through the boxes.