Indy Gaming Message Board General Gaming › New Game Store: Saltire Games

New Game Store: Saltire Games

Rob
Bavix
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 23
Hey gamers,

Just in case anyone here on the boards didn't know, there's a new game store in the area—Saltire Games. It's located on the northeast side at 11723 Pendleton Pike. Here's a link to their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.c...­

I stopped in the other day and I found the place to be very cool, clean, and well stocked already with a good variety of RPGs, boardgames, and miniatures. There's also a huge amount of free gaming space and a couple of private game rooms that cost $10 for a group to rent for an entire day. Heck, it's even in a great location, with a pizza place right next door and a Taco Bell right across the street. The only thing it's missing is a Mountain Dew bottling plant on the same block.

Most of all, the staff (especially the owner) were very nice, knowledgeable, and professional. This is a deal maker or breaker for me and these guys definitely impressed me. I've gone into too many game stores and been turned off by unsociable employees and that just makes me want to give my money to a faceless amazon.com. Ten minute in Saltire Games and I just wanted to buy something from them, whether I needed it or not.

Seriously, check this place out. There's nothiing like a good local game store.

Rob
Heather
lovest1274
Fishers, IN
Post #: 213
Rob, THANK YOU for posting this.. I had no idea. I'll definately try to swing by there and check it out.

:)
A former member
Post #: 2
Stopped by the store today to check it out. I was very impressed. I spoke with the owner Phil and his staff for quite some time before making a few purchases. There is a large selection of RPGs, 40k, boardgames, terrain ect. I was very impressed by this operation, especially since its brand new. I look forward to spending my time and money here.
A former member
Post #: 67
Yeah the store is really nice. The game rooms in the side/back are cool too. Living Forgotten Realms Champions of the Realms is running some 4th edition games there fairly regularly on Saturdays. If anyone is interested contact Matt Butler (community event organizer) reznor00@gmail dot com.
Heather
lovest1274
Fishers, IN
Post #: 216
Dave, bob, g, and I checked them out on saturday after king of the hill. As soon as I can find someone from that store.. And or the forgotten realms group, to add their events to our calendar regularly we will get them set up.

I thought they had done a good job figuring out what rpg's were worth stocking.. And their white wolf section is still weighing on my mind.
Brian
Belethorn
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 208
Sorry I missed the King of the Hill game. I just found out a few days before that CotR was meeting at Saltire that weekend and got pulled in to DM.

Anyway, the store really is great! The location and people are amazing and the private gaming rooms are absolutely PERFECT. There's not a lot of noise and they're just the right size for a DM and six players.
Trangen
user 3162591
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 21
It really is a nice store and for people who need space, they have more than anyone could ask for.