Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › looking for downtown/near downtown group

looking for downtown/near downtown group

Cat D.
Catastrophy
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hey,

I live in the Herron-Morton Place neighborhood and I'm looking for a gaming group. I prefer indie games to traditional DnD, and I'm willing to learn any setting or system. I enjoy boardgames and cardgames as well. I don't have experience as a GM, but I'm willing to run a game if you're willing to laugh and put up with my flailing and antics.

RPGs I like:
Polaris, Bliss Stage Baron von Munchhausen, Prime Time Adventures, Trollbabe, Mountain Witch
(Interested to try: Dogs in the Vineyard, The Shab-al-Hiri Roach, My Life with Master, In A Wicked Age, A Thousand and One Nights)

Games I like:
Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Tigris & Euphrates, BANG!, Munchkin

I'm free most weeknights and weekends, and I'm willing to drive a bit to meet up. I'm gonna try to make one of the weekly boardgame nights this month.

If you wistfully stare at rulebooks or settings sitting around on your gaming bookshelf that you've always wanted to try, but haven't---we should talk!

<3
Cat
William T.
user 7139696
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 14
Well, I am interested in a group as well :) However, I have experiance with Serenity, alittle gurps, DND 3.5 as well as MTG Star Wars CCG and lots of board games. My collection is limited, but I am also always willing to try new things.

I live outside Whiteland south of Greenwood, though so I am in farm country. However, I can drive a bit, but am Unemployed ATM, so money is tight. However, good note, that means I am avalible whenever :P Except early morning, cause I don't like waking up before 11am..
Cat D.
Catastrophy
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
Ha ha!
Dually noted. :P
Greg
lotsotech
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 25
You're walking distance to the Arsenal at 874 Virginia Avenue. Having said that, the regular groups are mostly various editions of D&D. However, there are some semi-regular groups on Friday that play Munchkin and Catan. We're playing Star Wars there tomorrow around 1:30 and sometime after that a Castle and Crusades group always plays. Saturday evenings are always LARPing (Changeling I think). I haven't seen anyone play any of the RPGs you've listed (I'm only familiar with maybe half), but I can think of a couple regulars there that are good for most anything.
Andrew
user 8061023
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 14
I not familiar with most of the RPG's you listed, but I'm a fan of all of the board/card games. I just got the new BANG! bullet and been playing with some friends.