Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Star Wars Saga Edition - Looking for players (Northeast Side)

Star Wars Saga Edition - Looking for players (Northeast Side)

Wesley S.
wesleystreet
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Hey all. I'm a GM looking to start up a Saga Edition group. As this is my first go at Star Wars (and I also GM a weekly Shadowrun game), I'll be running the "Dawn of Defiance" campaign to get my feet wet. I'm looking for a couple of interested players who would be willing to commit to an alternating Friday evening schedule.

Drop me a line if you're interested or would like more info!
A former member
Post #: 25
Is Shadow Run a Sci fi themed RPG? Can you do an all day one day Star Wars RPG adventure? I am looking for more GMs to help run Sci Fi Themed RPGs for my all day sci fi gaming event on the 29th. If you are interested let me know. i will have to get back to you on the Friday Star Wars campaign and see if my boyfriend would be interested in that. We are on the NW side.
Wesley S.
wesleystreet
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
Uh oh! Genre discussion alert! biggrin Shadowrun is a (post)cyberpunk/urban fantasy/transhumanist setting but ask three other people what SR is and you'll get five different answers. Players take on the roles of shadowrunners, deniable assets hired by corporations, governments, organized crime, and wealthy patrons, like dragons, to engage in quasi- to fully-illegal acts. Think William Gibson's Neuromancer meets JRR Tolkein.

Alas, as the 29th is a Saturday I'm booked to run my weekly game at that time so I couldn't commit to an all-day event. I might be able to wrangle a four-hour slot if my wife and I could join in after 5:00. I write for Catalyst, the current SR publisher, and have written several official convention-style adventures.
A former member
Post #: 26
You don't have to be the all day. If you want to run something after 5 that would be great, the more games I have running the better. I doubt there will be many besides myself and my boyfriend who will there all 13 hours. i have to be since I am hosting, but 13 hours of gaming for me is not enough lol!! That's why I live for cons!!
Wesley S.
wesleystreet
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
Hmmm... I'll have to check with my wife and this isn't a commitment but I'm not seeing any reason why not at the moment. At the Arsenal Game Room on the southeast side, yes? Has any costs/format/etc. info been released?
A former member
Post #: 27
The Arsenal Gameroom is downtown and the info for the meetup is posted under All Day Sci Fi Game Day it is an actual upcoming event posted on this site and the address for the Arsenal will be listed there. There is no cos,t it is a free event. The Arsenal serves as a cafe if you want to order food and eat there, otherwise there isn't a cost for attending.
Travis
user 6130433
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 12
I might be interested in playing if you can get a group together. I've never played Star Wars Sage myself, I generally do more D&D and Rifts but new games are always fun. Im available fridays after 5. Let me know how things develop. You can email me at tlreagle@gmail.com
Joshua T.
user 12145384
West Lafayette, IN
Post #: 1
Hi, I've played Saga and it was designed the way 4e should have been. Its really fun and I would love to play. I am also a Shadowrun freak so if you ever need a player for your weekly game I would make heaven and earth move to sit in. :)
Wesley S.
wesleystreet
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 6
Awesome! Thanks everyone! As plans start to solidify in the coming weeks and a schedule is worked out I'll drop everyone a note to gauge continued interest.

Alas I'm a little over-capacity in terms of Shadowrun players at the moment but schedules do change and people do move on to other things. If we have an opening I'm happy to bring in experienced players. smile
Joshua T.
user 12145384
West Lafayette, IN
Post #: 2
That sounds good to me. My email is thorne0621@gmail.com. Let me know when things get going. Thank you. :)