Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › Star Wars in GURPS Game

Star Wars in GURPS Game

David
user 6884299
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Looking for others interested in an emerging Star Wars game played in Gurps. Indianapolis area.

A former member
Post #: 23
GURPS 3 or 4?

I really like the GURPS system, though I would like to see setting specific information, and the type of game using that setting before deciding if I would be interested. For example, which era are you talking about? Also, will the characters be able to play Jedi or will the point value be too low? That sort of thing. Where are you thinking about playing, and when?

Thanks,
Dave
jonrgrover
user 9850733
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 14
I'm interested. How much creating have you done? Are the stories we will be playing developed by you? Are you developing new planets and star systems?
Jon
David
user 6884299
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
The game is just starting. Smuggler/freighter crew in the corporate Sector right after the Battle of Yavin- Empire strikes back era. Story is running independent of any of the movies. A handful of Force-users who are keeping a low profile as far away from the Empire as possible, but they still have to make a living, and have a little fun...

Planets are from the Extended Universe, nothing too novel that can't be found on Wookipedia. Jedi are really scarce in this setting and we could really use some talented smugglers, tech savvy types and strategic, power hungry types. Emphasis is on the role-playing. We are keeping with the Star Wars grunginess as far as settings and mood of the campaign.

Characters are hefty- 225 points and 150 disadvantages 5 quirks.

A former member
Post #: 24
What do you mean the game already is starting? Is there no time to consider how to put together the characters?

Again, is it 3rd edition or 4th?

When do you need characters?

When does the game start?

Where will the game be played?

Which sources are OK to use for creating the characters?

Thanks,
Dave
jonrgrover
user 9850733
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 16
OK, count me in if you still need players. Where and when (I'm not free Wednesdays)
David
user 6884299
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
SOrry to leave you hanging. I have been pretty busy lately. I will get back with you soon!

David