add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Indy.js : Indy JavaScript Society Message Board › Introducing Indy Hack Day

Introducing Indy Hack Day

Jared B.
user 13720757
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Hey guys, my name is Jared Brown. I've been talking with Tony about an event I'm hosting Sat, Apr 14th called Indy Hack Day. We both thought it'd be a great fit for members of the meetup.

The key selling points in my mind are that it's a chance to find out what others are working on outside of our usual circles. You can bring your own project and have a good portion of a day to work on it. If that's not interesting to you we will have four workshops that you can attend. We'll also have a few unscheduled events (fireside chats, technical demos, etc.). If none of that catches your fancy we will also have a beer and wine mixer that should be great for kicking back and networking. You do not have to stay for the whole day. You are welcome to attend according to your schedule. Lunch and dinner will be provided. Lunch will be pizza from Thr3e Wise Men and dinner will be from Hank's Brisket (BBQ). For the vegetarians we will be ordering Noodles & Co for dinner and have cheese pizza for lunch. We are shooting for around 50 people to attend. Tickets are expected to sell quickly. We already sold 25% of them during an early bird special. They are priced at $35. You can buy a ticket at­ or if you're interested but not sure you can come you can get on our mailing list there.

Tickets are now available for the general public and will probably sell out quickly. But I am focused on getting high-quality people into the event. So if you or anyone you know is interested let me know and I will make sure you or they get a ticket.