|Sent on:||Friday, February 19, 2010 11:38 AM|
This was sent to a private list I'm on, but I thought I should forward it on to the talented rubyists I know.---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Denise Howard <[address removed]>
Date: Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Subject: We have a RoR job opening
To: [address removed]My company is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer. Job spec below. If you're interested, please send me your resume and I'll forward it to my manager (the hiring manager). (Don't fret about the "5 years of Ruby on Rails development" part--I've pointed out that that's a little much to expect!)
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
PGP is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a critical role in the continuing development, enhancements and support of a complex license and entitlement management home grown application coded in Ruby on Rails platform running on Oracle database. It is a critical application expected to run 24/7 and accessed by all PGP customers to download and manage their entitled products. The developer will be responsible for architecting, maintaining and formulating business requirements in this application.
Candidate must posses strong coding skills in Ruby based systems balanced with a strong understanding of business requirements preferably of the software industry or similar business where license and entitlements require management and configuration of client and server application seats.
- Understand client needs and manage day-to-day communication and issue resolution among all project stakeholders in a professional and positive manner.
- Implement enhancements based on business requirements.
- Manage release cycles effectively.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of Ruby on Rails development and architecture experience
- Memcached and other services supporting Rails
- Central in the development of 2+ ROR production systems with at least one public facing site.
- Applies OOD and Design Patterns to software design & problem solving
- Tackled clustering/caching, threading and performance issues
- Worked in a fast paced agile environment with continuous integration, unit/integration/load/performance testing
- RDBMS experience including schema design and content modeling
- Strong command of web standards and best practices
- Excellent communication skills.
- Git or similar for version control
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Web Services Standards (SOAP, REST XML,etc.)
Denise HowardSr. Software Engineer, Business ApplicationsPGP Corporation200 Jefferson Dr.Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA
Tel: [masked]Mobile: [masked][address removed]PGP Fingerprint:1588 CD55 05DA 4A9A 03296AEF C609 B6CA A543 85C6
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by David Jones ([address removed]) from indy.rb - The Indianapolis Ruby Brigade.
To learn more about David Jones, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]