January 17, 2013 · 5:30 PM
It's time for another fishbowl! Participate in, or simply listen to, a lively discussion about security. Here are some of the topics that we may engage in:
- How do viruses actually work?
- What do most viruses actually do?
- What is the point?
- Who wrote them?
- For what purpose?
- Where did they start and how did they spread?
- How do people actually get viruses?
- How do you recover from a virus?
- How have you realized that you have a virus?
- What is the most effective phishing attempt you've ever seen?
- Do you have any stories about friends/family/you getting hacked?
- How do people actually steal identities?
- Where do they get their information?
- How do people become targets?
- What kind of things make you vulnerable?
- What kind of precautions are common sense and what is just paranoia?
Fishbowls are a great way to have an orderly discussion, while allowing anyone to participate. If you have stuff you'd like to share, or just want to hear what others think, be sure to join us!
As always, we'll start with pizza and socializing (Social Pizza™) at 5:30pm and some short intro stuff around 6.
Location Details: http://www.sep.com/blog/2011/01/04/2011move/