addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Webcomics Group Message Board › Meet up/Drink & Draw during GenCon?

Meet up/Drink & Draw during GenCon?

Bruce N.
MyGeekOdyssey
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 27
This may be a stupid idea, and I know I don't have the skill or time to pull it off (I'm an "Idea Man") but has anyone considered putting together a drink & draw or meet up downtown over GenCon for the webcomics/artists that will be in attendance? If not this year, it might be something to consider for the future- that is if it isn't a stupid idea.
Jonathan D W.
user 13439355
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 7
I'm going to Gen Con for the Authors' Avenue that sounds like a good idea. Where do we go from here?
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 538
We should ABSOLUTELY do this. Just gotta find the right venue downtown that won't already be packed to the gills with convention attendees but is close enough that visiting artists can walk there.

hmmmm...
Ginger D.
user 11979693
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 16
I endorse this idea while simultaneously confessing out that I won't be in attendance for this proposed meetup. GenCon is the only con that I've found myself NEVER LEAVING except to sleep. Game sessions are 3-4 hours so I pack meals and just stay.

<--- nerd
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 541
MAN wish i'd known about Gen Con's Author's Alley! Only $200 for a table! Booths are over $1000 so i'd just written them off as too expensive to exhibit at.

So when i found out today i immediately emailed them but they just sold out yesterday! i just missed it! Dang!
A former member
Post #: 22
Lee,

You may have not missed out....they have a wait list, get on it because authors drop out all the time. Also, if we can get the funds together...I'd be down to go half on a table with ya :-)
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 543
Hey Johnny,

Great minds think alike. I'm first on the wait list! Though you'd have to register as a publisher to have more than one property at a table which isn't much more. Still less than $300 for the table and two badges.

Though their contact person tells me dropping out is actually rare. So I don't really expect we'll be able to go this year. Next year, I'm on an Author's Avenue table so fast!
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 544
How about Saturday August 18th for a GenCon Drink and Draw downtown?

Anyone else down?
Chuck
Chuckness
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 49
Soooooouuuuuuuunds good. Let's drink... let's draw... and drink.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm there.