Indy Webcomics Group Message Board › Call for Suggestions, Next Meetup Location

Call for Suggestions, Next Meetup Location

Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
I also posted this on the IWG Facebook page. You can reply on Facebook or on our Meetup.com ­message board.

Do you want to have a say in where our next meetup is held?

We're looking at November 11th for our next get together. But where? Past favorite locations include, The Red Lion, The Rusty Bucket, Sabbatical was a great location, The Union Jack Pub... Gambroli's Pizza in Oaklandon... sound off! Where should we hold our next meetup? South side? North side? East Side?

Sound off IWG!

-Lee

Ginger L.
user 11979693
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 18
All of those locations save for Union Jack* are great for me! My selfish vote goes to Gramboli's 'cause I liked it and didn't get to make it on September. Also, butcher paper!

btw, Nov 11th is Veteran's Day. I may be required to participate in some family events on that day, so if we could move it to a different Sunday I'd appreciate it. If I may, suggest Nov 4 (daylight saving times ends) or Nov 18th?

*I like Union Jack, I've just never liked it for BIG groups.
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 550
I can do the 18th.

The butcher paper is generously provided by Bruce when we do Gambroli's. So if Bruce can't make it, then Gambroli's will not have the paper for us. Just FYI. I do like Gambroli's for the big room where we can push tables together and have a lot of space.

The Rusty Bucket also has a room where we can call ahead and grab it.

My vote is for the Bucket.

Kevin M.
user 64089112
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
I vote for Sabbatical. Really liked it.
Bruce N.
MyGeekOdyssey
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 30
Clearing Nov. 11 & 18th on the calendar so if Gramboli's wins I'll be there with butcher paper. If it doesn't I'll still be there. I'll vote for Gramboli's just because I can walk there.
James
user 2536223
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 67
I feel like I'm still too much of a noob to direct meeting locations, but here's my two cents anywho. Generally anything in Fountain Square, BRip, or downtown is super easy for me. 82nd / 86th corridor is further but certainly navigable (Rusty Bucket is still along that, yes?). Once you start to move outside the loop, my enthusiasm wanes, personally. However, Gramboli's did have good pizza, from what I recall. And it's next door to Saltire Games apparently, which is a plus in my book.

Sabbatical was an OK time, although I did think it had a bit too much echo. Food & drink was stellar though.

Other places that spring to mind. The Pawn Shop. 20 Tap on College. Moe & Johnny's on College maybe? Moon Dog Tavern. Macniven's on Mass Ave. Tomlinson Tap Room at City Market. Broad Ripple Brewpub. I'm just throwing out names of places that I don't recall seeing yet.

Really nothing sounds insurmountable so far. I like the scene enough that I'd make the trip more often than not. Especially if things rotate as often as it sounds like they do.
Bruce N.
MyGeekOdyssey
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 31
Hmmm... so looking at places out of the realm of possibilities... Three Floyd's in Munster or Hackney's on Printers Row- might be good for the folks going to C2E2. Or there is Stone Brewing in Escondido or the "Strip Club" in San Diego for SDCC. wink
Chuck
Chuckness
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 53
I can do the 11th. And I vote for the Bucket.
Samantha K.
user 9575502
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 30
Bah bah bah bah-Bucket for me. I like the quiet room, we can actually hear everyone in there.
Bruce N.
MyGeekOdyssey
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 33
Just asking... have we decided yet?