Indy Webcomics Group Message Board › Banner Exchange For Webcomics?

Banner Exchange For Webcomics?

Paul S.
Paul-Schmitt
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 21
Budgeting for Adwords is "awesome and everything" but I'd rather share traffic. What do you guys think about making spots at our respective sites for each others' comics? My current campaign is using all banner size formats but I think a 336x280 or 160x600 size is best.

Here's what my banners look like:

Leave a reply or a message me if you're interested in sharing free impressions and clicks.
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 555
I don't have ads on my site but I do have a few small banners in the sidebar. The largest I'd want to go is 160x228.
But I don't want to have like 5 of them all stacked up. I'd prefer a rotating image. That maybe changed every time the page refreshes.

Anyone know an easy way to code one of those?
Paul S.
Paul-Schmitt
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 22
Yes, there is a "load random image" coding solution that can be used for this purpose. It looks at a list of available images and then picks from it each time the page loads. I can work something up along these lines. I'll email you with the script, Lee.
Chris L.
user 13054744
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
Have you checked into Ink Outbreak yet? http://inkoutbreak.co...­ One of the tools they offer is a banner exchange program with other web comics. It's what we've been doing for a while. You may want to look into it.
Paul S.
Paul-Schmitt
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 23
Chris, I love ya buddy but I 've been on Ink Outbreak for awhile. It doesn't give me any substantial amounts of traffic. I remember talking to you about this exact issue too, dude. laughing