"The Work" of Byron Katie with Lana Wheeler
(All proceeds of this class are donated to the ongoing work of the Center for Consciousness Education, a 501c3 providing spirituality and consciousness education to our community.)
The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question the thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting you, and to address the cause of your problems with clarity.
Every Friday, Starting February 15 through the last Friday in March, Lana will meet you to do the inquiry process called "The Work"on the places in your life where you are experiencing some kind of suffering. Examples of suffering may be that of resentment, betrayal, anger, loss, grief, self-pity, physical pain, deprivation, dysfunctional family and/or abuse issues.
People who do The Work as an ongoing practice commonly report:
• Alleviation of depression: Find resolution, even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
• Decreased stress: Learn how to live with less anxiety or fear.
• Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
• Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful, and become less reactive, less often, with less intensity.
• Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
• More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
• More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.”
About Lana Wheeler:
In 1984, Lana returned to the United States from Ecuador where she lived and worked for 10 years. She graduated from UNM in 1990 where she focused on studying Modern and Classical Languages. She speaks fluent Spanish.
Lana graduated from the School for the Work of Byron Katie in 2002. She has completed several workshops with Byron Katie and worked personally with her at the New Year's Mental Cleanse 2001/2002. She has been facilitating the work for the last 10 years here in Albuquerque in different venues.
In addition to her serving as a facilitator of "The Work" at the Center for Conscious Living, she is also performs Therapeutic Massage and provides Care Giving for the Elderly.
"Lana is deeply heart-full, present and an unconditionally loving human being who specializes in setting people free from suffering so they can be all they were created to be. Anyone who works with Lana knows her dedication to relationships with people she serves. On top of this, she also has a wonderful sense of humor and is an embodiment of divine joy! I am privileged to know Lana, to have done "The Work" with her, and to regularly serve with her as a volunteer at the Center."
Wendy Foxworth, Director, Center for Consciousness Education
THIS CLASS IS LIMITED TO 8 PEOPLE - SO REGISTER TODAY.