NJ Interactive Media Development Message Board › Join our think tank meetup

Join our think tank meetup

Sergio
Capursi
Group Organizer
Lyndhurst, NJ

I would like to thank those of you who came out on Wednesday. I'm trying to revive this meetup group by first listening to everyone's expectations and figure out how we can benefit from it. From my experience, there are two main expectations when it comes to meetups: networking and learning. An atmosphere for networking works great in a bar setting but terrible for learning. So I am currently speaking to companies that will provide office space to us that will serve as think tanks.

Think tanks are significant in our history when it came to computer development in the 70's. Xerox used to sponsor Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) where they first developed a graphical user interface, a mouse, ethernet, and bit-mapped textual graphics. They attracted minds like Bill Atkinson and Steve Jobs.

My wish is for a nice quiet space that would fit 10-25 professionals and if possible some storage space to bring some books and equipment. The learning meetup will start out bimonthly and our networking meetup will be once a month.

I would like to emphasis that I would like to hear from your thoughts and opinions. If you know a company that is willing to give us some office space please contact me at scapursi@mettacg.com or 201-777-0079.

Thanks Professionals!

Best,
Sergio Capursi