The Indianapolis International Group Message Board › New Meetup: French Film: "Micmacs" (7:30 @ Jeannie's)

New Meetup: French Film: "Micmacs" (7:30 @ Jeannie's)

Jeannie
Jeannie_Allen
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Announcing a new Meetup for The Indianapolis International Group!

What: French Film: "Micmacs" (7:30 @ Jeannie's)
When: Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:30 PM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Hi everyone, I'm squeezing in a few more French films before my trip over, and I'm showing "Micmacs" at my house this Saturday night.

If it doesn't rain, we'll show the film outside on the projector. Try to bring a blanket, beach towel or lawn chair to sit on just in case. If the weather does not cooperate we'll show the movie on my projector in the basement like we have been lately.

Also, earlier on Saturday, the Indianapolis Electronic Music Group has their monthly meeting at my house, and a few of the musicians will stay around to play some live electronic music during the "warm up" time before the movie starts.

I'll have snacks and beverages. Please feel free to also bring snacks and beverages to share (and please feel free to BYOB if you are 21 or over). We'll have finger foods that don't need a lot of silverware etc. this time in case we're outside.

The event starts at 7:30 and we'll start the film a little after 9. About the film:

After being hit by a stray bullet that dramatically changes his life, a French man and his new family of friends weave an "intricate and original plan" to bring down two large weapons manufacturers.

"Micmacs" is directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet ("The City of Lost Children" and "Amélie"). There are laughs, shocking moments and super huge explosions. The film is rated R. You can watch the railer here:

http://www.imdb.com/v...­

Check it out!