addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

INTERNATIONALS in Paris Message Board › train discount card TGV

train discount card TGV

A former member
Post #: 89
Hi
I don't know if this topic has been already covered but I haven't found it on this forum.

I live relatively far from Paris and also I need to move quite often.
The train ticket is quite expensive and buying ticket in advance is not so trivial (I cannot know exactly the time)
I had bad experiences so far with car sharing.

Is there any discount card or carnet for TGV ? I am 30..
Thanks in advance
Alex
Arnaud P.
user 11193317
Paris, FR
Post #: 1
Hi Alex,

As you're out too old for usual TGV discount prices for young people wink, you could subscribe to a SNCF Frequence Pass. It entitles you to travel half price on a given TGV link, for example Paris <-> Marseille.
You have to pay in advance a one year or half year pass and then you can order as many tickets as you want on the given period. You can also cancel or postpone them without any additional charge until the day of departure if you need it.
Just pay a visit to a SNCF boutique anywhere in France and ask for this suscription. They will print you the pass immediately and you'll be able to buy your next tickets with the rebate.

Hopes that helps.

Arnaud Palazzi
A former member
Post #: 185
Arnaud gives good advice.

here is the reply I gave on Expats Paris yesterday:

Hi Alex,

you dont say where you are travelling from, but perhaps one of the subscription cards (cartes abonnements) will be of use:

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/services-train/carte-abonnement-train?rfrr=Homepage_footer_Cartes%20et%20abonnements­

check out "votre abonnement sur mesure" and either the Forfait or the Frequence

Janey