addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

INTERNATIONALS in Paris Message Board › Best internet connection in Paris?

Best internet connection in Paris?

A former member
Post #: 6
Hi everybody,

wanted to know your opinion on the best internet connection available in Paris right now. Not so much interested in the price as in the connection itself. Need something fast, reliable and wi-fi. I've looked at a few candidates:

Darty
Neuf Telecom/SFR
Numericable:
Orange: O
AOL

Any positive/negative feedback would be greatly apppreciated. I've heared that P2P connections are blocked and very illegal ... any chances that changed recently?!

Thanks in advance Expats!

Emanuel
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Emmanuel,

I have changed to "Numericable" when moving to an apartment with thick walls on 3 sides out of 4. The "Free" connection gave fizzy images on my TV post because, at the time, all the others (including "Free") connect through France Telecom cables.

I think you should chose one that connect through an "optical" channel. Not sure that I use the correct translation for "fibre optique".

Regards,
Loane
A former member
Post #: 9
Thanks Loane,

good info to know, since mine is also a very old building in the IV with impossibly thick walls :) I believe in they US they would call it a "cable connection", but fibre optique is incredibly more chic.

Thanks again

E
Katia R
user 25708652
Paris, FR
Post #: 1
Hi Emmanuel,
Have SFR box (use it in wi-fi mode).
Client service is efficient, delivery quick.
Before had lots of difficulties with 3G due to very thick walls.
Don't watch TV so cannnot advise you on that.
Good luck,
Katia
A former member
Post #: 11
Thank you Katia, I will give SFR a shot. As far as Client service is concern, unless they speak english, I believe our conversations would be a little akward. My current french capabilities (on the phone should be even harder!) would allow me only to say: "AIDEZ-MOI!! NO INTERNET!!" or something like that ;)
Katia R
user 25708652
Paris, FR
Post #: 2
Ask them to put you through to someone English speaking. smile