Bay Area Inventors - Saturday, November 16th - Sunnyvale, CA
Bay Area Chapter Main Event:
Three Speakers - Learn About Package Design, Patent Drawings & Promoting Your Inventions
For complete event details, ticket purchase and registration visit:
Learn How To Package Your Invention
Mark Arvay - 20 Year Packaging Veteran
Mark will cover what's important when considering packaging for you invention. You need to think about function, design, artwork and graphics.
How do you think about these things and wrap them into a nice neat little bundle people will buy?
Mark will cover all these items and more.....
• Materials and Substrates (structural) Corrugated (boxes & inserts)
• Protective Foam materials Printed Folding Cartons (software)
• Litho-Laminated corrugated products (printed hybrid)
• Clear Clamshells
• ABS and Molded cases
• Wood Crating
• Artwork & Graphics
• The Do's and Dont's of packaging
• Questions & Answer Session
Mark H. Arvay (20-years in packaging industry in Silicon Valley)
- President/Owner of MHA Packaging, Inc. (HQ Sunnyvale 14-years)
- Background of Packaging & Customers.
How To Cost Effectively Promote Your New Invention
Cheryl Downing - Small Business Marketing And Crowdfunding Consultant
In this session Cheryl will discuss when and how to get visibility for your new product creation.
Cheryl will cover:
• When in the product development cycle you should begin promotion
• Targeting the right audience, especially for crowdfunding
• Helping your prospects understand the benefits of your product
• How social media tools can help you promote cost-effectively
Cheryl Downing is a small business marketing and crowdfunding consultant. She advises and coaches small business startups and product developers/inventors how to grow their businesses quickly, specializing in raising money through crowdfunding. Cheryl spent the early part of her career in corporate software product development and marketing. Since 2001, Cheryl has volunteered as an SBA marketing trainer and been an active supporter of the Inventors Alliance association. As of August 2013, she is also the Co-Chair of the SVForum 3D Printing SIG. http://www.cheryldowning.com
James Fisher - Patent Drawing and 3D Design Specialist
James will cover....
• What perspectives/angles you'll need to show
• What information you need to give you patent attorney or designer to make sure they getting the drawings right
• What skills and software you'll need if you want to do drawings yourself
• And several other factors people don't think about when getting their patent drawings done
• Common mistakes and how to avoid them