Mobile Entrepreneurs of South Florida Message Board › iPhone App Development Meetup

iPhone App Development Meetup

Chris
user 8438930
Boca Raton, FL
Greetings iPhone App Development members. My name is Chris Cabell and I'm going to try to breathe some life into this group. I am based in Boca Raton and I own a company call AppWorks which specializes solely in the development of native iPhone & Android applications.

I have been developing applications for the past few years and the majority of my business comes from companies right here in South Florida. For the next meetup I will be doing an overview of the projects we are currently working on. Much of our cross platform development is done using Titanium Appcelerator, so I will also give a short presentation on the pro's and cons of using Appcelerator. I will also have a couple guest speakers TBA.

This meetup group has floundered since I became a member and I haven't seen any successful meetups since I joined. I'm willing to put together one really good presentation. If attendance is good, I will continue to moderate the group and organize future events. If there is not much interest then I will hand the reins to someone else.

If you are a member of this group, odds are good you are aware that mobile is the future. South Florida has a great pool of talent and I would love to regularly network with other mobile developers, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts.

I've set the response emails to go only to my personal email, not the group. If you are interested in attending the next meetup, I think it will be the last Thursday of the month (April 28th) somewhere in Central Broward. I need to get an idea of how many people are interested in attending before I book a venue. Please respond if you think you can make it and I will set something up

A former member
Post #: 1
Greetings iPhone App Development members. My name is Chris Cabell and I'm going to try to breathe some life into this group. I am based in Boca Raton and I own a company call AppWorks which specializes solely in the development of native iPhone & Android applications.

I have been developing applications for the past few years and the majority of my business comes from companies right here in South Florida. For the next meetup I will be doing an overview of the projects we are currently working on. Much of our cross platform development is done using Titanium Appcelerator, so I will also give a short presentation on the pro's and cons of using Appcelerator. I will also have a couple guest speakers TBA.

This meetup group has floundered since I became a member and I haven't seen any successful meetups since I joined. I'm willing to put together one really good presentation. If attendance is good, I will continue to moderate the group and organize future events. If there is not much interest then I will hand the reins to someone else.

If you are a member of this group, odds are good you are aware that mobile is the future. South Florida has a great pool of talent and I would love to regularly network with other mobile developers, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts.

I've set the response emails to go only to my personal email, not the group. If you are interested in attending the next meetup, I think it will be the last Thursday of the month (April 28th) somewhere in Central Broward. I need to get an idea of how many people are interested in attending before I book a venue. Please respond if you think you can make it and I will set something up

Hi Chris, I would be interested in attending. Unfortunately due to my work schedule, I would most likely only be able to attend if the meeting was held on a weekend.

Matt
Eric
user 12998330
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 1
Chris,

This sounds like a great idea - I would be interested in going to the meetup, but I would need it to be a little later in the day (7 PM or later) due to travel time from my job in Aventura.

Thanks for taking the initiative to get the group going!

Best regards,

Eric
Chris
user 8438930
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 2

Eric,

The next event is May 4th in Lauderdale. Networking 6:30 to 7:00 then presentation.

Chris,

This sounds like a great idea - I would be interested in going to the meetup, but I would need it to be a little later in the day (7 PM or later) due to travel time from my job in Aventura.

Thanks for taking the initiative to get the group going!

Best regards,

Eric