It's 2014 and we are calling out all beginners to make this the year that you learn Irish dance! Every week in February, our instructor, Michael Murphy, will be teaching group lessons designed specifically for new dancers. If you have ever been curious about trying Irish dance but felt too shy or inexperienced, this is the class for you!
Each Saturday afternoon, Michael will take you through the fundamentals of Irish set dance, from basic footwork to the essential group patterns, all the way through dancing a complete set with your classmates!
Please RSVP to this Meetup event each week if you plan on attending so that we can arrange for enough dance partners for everyone.
You can attend any or all of the lessons: While each class will introduce new material that builds on what you already know, we will always review the basics, so you do NOT need to attend a previous lesson in order to attend a later one — beginners are welcome to start with us on any class day, even on the last one.
*** Info for First-Timers ***
• No prior dance experience of any kind is necessary!
• You do not need to bring a partner -- there will always be one available -- but feel free to bring one (or more)! More dancers make it more fun.
• You can wear any clothes and shoes that you're comfortable dancing and sweating in, although it's recommended that women avoid wearing heels.
*** Pricing ***
Michael wanted to make this class accessible to everyone, so he kept the cost very modest:
• Each class is only $12 per person for a full two hour lesson, -OR-
• You can pay for the entire month of classes for just $40. This must be paid in full at our first class on Feb 1.
• If you paid for the full month and decide after the first class that set dance isn't for you, you'll only be charged the drop-in rate ($12) for that lesson and be refunded the remainder of your deposit. (Refunds only accepted on Feb 1.)
*** Special Irish Dance Ceili! ***
After the last class, we will be hosting a special Irish dance party (called a ceili) at Lilly Macs Pub on March 1! Everyone is invited to attend, but especially anyone who attended these lessons should come join the fun! There will be live music, lots of terrific dancers to mingle with, and best of all, anyone who attended all four intro classes in February will get free admission! ($10 for everyone else)