The Seattle Italian Connection ~ Legaitaliana.org Message Board › Italian preschools

Italian preschools

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello there,

I was wondering if you knew of any Italian preschools/kindergarten around this area. I am Italian and my 22 month old only speaks Italian. I would like to sign him up to a preschool that is being taught exclusively in Italian, but I don't know where do find one.

Grazie mille!
A former member
Post #: 2
I would like to learn more about this too! All I've found so far is Cinquegranelli Montessori preschool in Ballard. They are *not* exclusively in Italian, though they do have an Italian component.

Looking forward to hearing if there are other programs out there!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello there,

I was wondering if you knew of any Italian preschools/kindergarten around this area. I am Italian and my 22 month old only speaks Italian. I would like to sign him up to a preschool that is being taught exclusively in Italian, but I don't know where do find one.

Grazie mille!

Hi,

I looked into it when I was living in Seattle (just moved last year) and there really was not much, unfortunately. Cinquegranelli seems very nice, but she does not teach in Italian and I didn't get the impression there is much spoken during the day (It is not her first language - some songs and at the time she had a grad student coming in a few days who was Italian.

We started looking into Spanish since it is so much more common. Even Spanish you can find more independent babysitters than actual programs, but there are a few. One of the most popular ones I know is La Escuelita.. but I know you want Italian :). One good thing at that age is they can pick up languages very quickly. Good luck :) I hope you find something.

Bridget