|Sent on:||Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:50 AM|
----- Original Message -----From: ToddSent: Monday, October 29,[masked]:15 PMSubject: [itgreyhound-145] 10 Things Your Dog Wants You to Know
By Danielle Hollister
If your dog could talk, these are some of the things he or she would like to tell you.
1. My life will probably only last 10 to 15 years. It will hurt me more than you know if I have to be away from you for longer than a day or two.
2. If you have patience with me and give me time to learn what you would like from me, I can promise you, you will never be disappointed.
3. Trust me with your life and have faith in our future together. If I don't feel that you honestly believe in me, I will suffer great emotional stress. My sense of self-worth is totally dependent upon your confidence in me.
4. Don't stay mad at me for long or confine me to a cage to punish me. You have your friends, your job, and your recreation. I HAVE ONLY YOU!
5. Talk to me. Even if I can't comprehend your exact words, I can understand the meaning of what you're telling me by the tone of your voice.
6. Remember, no matter how you treat me, I will NEVER forget it.
7. When you consider raising your hand to hit me, remember that I have jaws and teeth that could easily break the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scream at me for failing to respond to your commands as I usually do, take time to think about what might be wrong with me that would cause me to behave differently. Maybe I don't feel well, haven't been eating right or drinking enough water. Or maybe old age is catching up with me and I just can't do what I used to.
9. Take good care of me when I get old. Someday, you too will be old and then you will see how it feels.
10. Be there for me through good times and bad. Never say you can't handle taking me to the vet's for stitches or surgery. Nothing could make me feel worse. Everything in my life is easier for me to deal with when I have you standing by my side. Remember, my love for you is unconditional and it will last your entire lifetime.
Todd & the Peanut Butter Boys (Bud and Dylan)
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Todd ([address removed]) from IGGY Ambassadors-Emerald City (Italian Greyhounds of the NW).
To learn more about Todd, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]