ITP Football Club is a group of footballers from around the Atlanta area who play at an intermediate to advanced level. We understand that everyone wants to play, but we try to keep the group focused on those who are polishing skills, not learning them. In that light, we ask that beginners and casual players look for another group to build their skill sets.
We operate on a dues basis where each members pays dues in order to RSVP for games. We do not make any substantial profit. We are a 501c3 non-profit who use all the money we make to provide the highest quality balls, jerseys, pitches, goals, and other equipment we possibly can, as well as to pay for proper insurance and business licensing.
Our games are 8 vs 8 on 6" x 8" goals with no keepers.
Please read all the rules for each designated Meetup as we follow them strictly:
- RSVP's for all games open 7 days prior to the game. This makes sure new members have a fair chance to get into the games.
- We will start promptly; no later than 5 minutes after the start time. If you show up after that, your spot will be filled and your RSVP will be voided. There is no exception to this. Please be on time or we will give the spot to someone who is on time.
- Please be mindful of the RSVP system. If you are on the wait list or are not RSVPed, please don't come out. Conversely, if you can no longer make it, please unRSVP so our wait listed comrades can automatically take your place. We always plan accordingly to how many members RSVP and it ruins this for everyone if we don't allow for a system that controls the size of games.
- There is no slide tackling, grabbing of clothing/other players, picking, or dangerous play. Remember that when defending, the object is to get the ball, not the man. So, please keep your arms down, watch your high kicks and stay on your feet. Other than that, feel free to play as hard as you'd like. Violation of this rule will be noted and if the problem reoccurs you will be asked to leave and booted from the Meetup. We all have day jobs, no one can afford an injury.
- We kick in from the sides instead of throw in. We play corners whenever possible. We do not have offsides, but cherry-picking is frowned upon. Otherwise we play by FIFA Rules.
- Respect the equipment. We do everything we can to provide the best goals, pennies, balls, fields and other equipment possible. All we ask in return is that you obey the rules, respect the equipment and do not break anything. If you charge into the goal and break it, we will hold you liable for its repair or replacement. The same goes for any other equipment. If you kick a wild ball way out of bounds, it is your responsibility to chase and find it. We understand that accidents happen, but please be mindful of this. Also, please clean up your stuff and leave the fields the way we find them.
- We want an atmosphere of fun, friendly competition. We want to make friends and build community, so, it's ok to tell jokes and have a good time, but we're truly out here because we love and want to play soccer. Coaching needs to be in check, some people don't respond well to it. So try to keep your frustrations low and be constructive. If you cause problems for the group with a negative attitude or start fights (verbally or physically) you will be asked to leave.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the event or activity referenced above and hosted by ITP Football Club, Inc. (RELEASEES), you acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for your participation; and,
- You willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, you observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, you will remove yourself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- You, for yourself and on behalf of your heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
BY JOINING THIS GROUP YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY JOINING THIS GROUP, AND JOIN THIS GROUP FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.