Welcome to ITP FC. This group is for anyone who loves soccer and knows an average amount to a lot about what they're doing. We don't mean to be rude, but if you've never played before or are still working on the basics, please find a beginners meetup. We want to gear this group toward a higher quality of play in order to build community among avid footballers who live for the game.
*RSVP's now open 7 days in advance of each game at 1:00PM.
Here are the rules and details:
• We will start promptly; no later than 15 minutes after the start time. If you show up after that, your spot will be filled and your RSVP will be voided.
• We will have 2 games of 8 vs 8. We try to make teams even but also want friends to play together. This means it can get a little complicated at times, so try to make the best of your team.
• There is no slide tackling, grabbing of clothing/other players, picking, or dangerous play. Remember that when defending, the object is to get the ball, not the man. So, please keep you arms down, watch your high kicks and stay on your feet. Other than that, feel free to play as hard as you'd like. Violation of this rule will be noted and if it happens again you will be asked to leave and booted from the Meetup. We all have day jobs, no one can afford an injury.
• Respect the equipment. The goals, pennies, balls, fields and other equipment we provide are free of charge to you. We try to always have the best equipment we can provide. All we ask in return is that you obey the rules, respect the equipment and do not break anything. If you charge into the goal and break it, we will hold you liable for its repair or replacement. Also, please clean up your stuff and leave the fields the way we find them.
• We want an atmosphere of fun, friendly competition. We want to make friends and build community, so, it's ok to tell jokes and have a good time, but we're truly out here because we love soccer and want to play. Coaching needs to be in check, some people don't respond well to it. So try to keep you frustrations low and be constructive. If you cause problems for the group with a negative attitude or start fights (verbally or physically) you will be asked to stop and if it happens a second time, you will be banned.
• Please be mindful of the RSVP system. If you are on the waitlist or are not RSVPed, please don't come out. Conversely, if you can no longer make it, please unRSVP so our wait listed comrades will automatically take your place. No plus-one's, if you want to bring a friend, he/she must register through the meetup and RSVP. We always plan accordingly to how many members RSVP and it ruins this for everyone if we don't allow for a system that controls the size of games.
• Support the meetup. If you enjoy playing with the group and want to help continue our cause, we have annual dues of $25. That's all we ask for so we can keep this thing running at tip-top shape for as long as possible.
This group is very democratic: You are welcome to make suggestions about new Meetups and fields and leagues and so forth, but we will always make the final calls. Use the discussion board to talk about your ideas and we'll all decided together what is best for the group. Thank you.