The Faculty of Science of the university of Buea will be partnering with i-Vission International and Netsquared in organizing a special
workshop to empower participants on:
THE WEB 2.0 AND CYBER CRIMINOLOGY
How can I use the Internet to make a name, connect to those that matters and make
money for myself while staying safe from the bad boys?
A** WEB 2.0
Participants will learn how to:
1. Use the internet to design projects and carry out research at a global scale, simultaneously with partners abroad;
2. Recruit online Volunteers (Experts) to write your projects and execute other tasks free of charge;
3. Collaborate with counterparts overseas and benefit from mediation based pedagogy;
4. Use web 2.0 applications to collaborate, communicate and share resources for free;
5. Adopt and exploit free telephone services & SMS modules;
6. Design and command alarm systems in a world wide dimension for free;
7. Become a freelance and contract with big names and companies abroad;
8. Get a job online, make money out of everything you write and inspire others;
9. Design and run an electronic commerce (e-marketing);
10. Clients Management Services (The Obama experience);
11. Use the power of web photos/video to impact your world;
12. Social Networking and Micro Bloging for peace and social development.
B** Cyber Criminology
1. The modern day cyber crime and the defense against it:
- Review the definitions of cyber crime;
- Learn about the history, mission and objectives of the Internet and the advent of cyber crime;
- Explore the different forms and topologies of modern day cyber crime;
- Get insight on online safety;
- Be advised on cyber crime, the law and law enforcement procedures;
- Know more about the world network of cyber criminals and the shadow economy;
- Setup a network for emergency responses and intelligence exchange to counter act cyber crime attacks and avert future victims;
- Share experience on the issue of cyber crime in Cameroon.
2. Cyber Warfare: protecting critical infrastructures and Networks from Intrusion and industrial espionage
- Learn more about our critical infrastructures and their impact in the different systems;
- Evaluate the vulnerabilities of our critical infrastructures and therapies to reduce threats.
3. Cyber insurgencies: an escalating problem and a major threat to sovereign states and independent entities: