Join IxDA Atlanta on our first-ever field trip! Step off the screen and into the physical world at the "Hidden Heroes. The Genius of Everyday Things" exhibit at the Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA).
"Hidden Heroes. The Genius of Everyday Things" highlights the stories behind the design of 36 ordinary objects that have revolutionized the way we live, such as paper clips, bubble wrap, and pencils.
Organized by The Vitra Museum in Germany, the products showcased in this traveling exhibition illuminate four aspects of their design: innovation, production, evolution and inspiration.
Admission is $10 per person (or $8/pp if we have at least 10 people show up!). You'll pay at the door.
6:15-6:30 Meet outside MODA
6:30-7:45 See exhibit
8:00-? Drinks and/or conversation at TAP
Think you can't make 6:15? No worries! MODA will be open until 8:00 p.m., but if we can get at least 10 folks to enter at one time (e.g., 6:30), we'll each only have to pay $8.
MODA doesn't have dedicated parking, so you'll have to park on the street or in a lot (the museum recommends that you park at LAZ Parking at 1337 Peachtree Street). TAP has complimentary valet parking.
From the train...
• Exit at the Arts Center Station.
• From the Arts Center Station, exit by following the signs to the Woodruff Arts Center.
• Upon exiting the MARTA station, cross Lombardy Way.
• Go left on Lombardy Way, and then turn right onto 16th Street.
• At the corner of Peachtree and 16th, cross Peachtree. MODA is at 1315 Peachtree.