IxDA Atlanta Message Board › Hiring UX Application Developer
|Jill K. P.||
I am in desperate need of a full time Application Developer. This person will work with UX designers mostly on interactive wayfinding projects. However, we also have a need to integrate social media API's, etc. Please email resumes for the below job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
Visix, Inc. is currently seeking an Application Developer to join its Creative Services team in Norcross, Georgia. This person will have primary responsibility for life cycle management (e.g., analysis, technical requirements, coding, testing and implementation) to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will acquire a deep understanding of Visix and its Creative Services department objectives and be capable of formulating and implementing technical solutions to accomplish the goals of each project.
This person will report to the Creative Services Project Manager and will collaborate heavily on a daily basis with the Creative Content and User Experience Artists, as well as with members of the Visix Development and Support departments. This person will develop, test and maintain software applications that support interactive wayfinding projects, as well as other custom modules that may tie into existing databases and API’s (e.g. – Microsoft Exchange, Google Calendar, Twitter, Google Maps, etc.).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Define, develop, integrate, test and maintain software applications that support the design of the project.
• Process and map data from outside parties, including XML, SQL and Oracle databases.
• Develop a simple user interface using web services to allow Visix clients to update interactive wayfinding databases if necessary.
• Participate in troubleshooting and support of legacy projects.
• Suggest and implement improvements to data workflow within the User Experience designs.
• Participate in ongoing development and improvements in department operations and procedures.
• Communicate with individuals in IT/IS departments from outside parties regarding technical application requirements for projects.
• Accurately estimate requirements and tasks and turn around other requirements in a timely fashion.
• Research and support emerging technologies.
• Other duties as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Technology Field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline) or significant experience and education may substitute
• Minimum of five years of experience in C# coding and design.
• Strong skills in ActionScript and Flash are required.
• Experience in Flex is preferred.
• Solid working knowledge of .NET 3.5+ framework libraries.
• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is preferred, but not required.
• Strong knowledge of database concepts.
• Familiar with standard concepts and practices of user interface and user experience design.
• Ability to work outside set parameters.
• Strong attention to detail and project deadlines is important.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Fluent in the English language.
Compensation & Benefits
• $78,000 - $80,000 per year
• Visix is a client of ADP, a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that enables Visix to share and manage many employer-related liabilities and responsibilities. ADP provides services in human resources, employee benefits, payroll administration and workers' compensation. Because of this partnership, Visix is able to match the benefits that much larger companies provide.
Visix, Inc. designs, develops and supports a suite of software applications that allow users to create, import and manage their visual communications from anywhere and to deliver those messages to virtually any endpoint.
The company offers digital signage software, room and event scheduling solutions, and applications for targeted messaging to desktops and portable devices. Each of the products works independently or can be integrated into scalable deployments from a single display to large networks. This comprehensive approach to on-time communications – from concept to delivery – provides systems including software, hardware and distribution accessories, as well as multi-tier service and support options to manage and maintain dynamic visual communications.