The jQuery Boston Meetup Group Message Board › The Weather Channel is hiring a Front-End Software Engineer (JQuery, JavaScr
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Andover, MA
We’re looking for a Front-end Software Engineer to be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team of developers. We want people who love turning ideas into software and are very good at doing just that.
You’ll be coding dynamic, weather-based web apps in an agile environment. This is a hands-on coding role, so you’ll be responsible for designing re-usable, maintainable components from the database forward. It involves writing code, testing, deploying, and supporting the apps. This is a senior development position in a group of talented individuals, doing interesting and challenging work.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Work with UI designers and other software engineers to build web apps and other deliverables from mockups and requirements
• Support and continuously improve the existing codebase
• Excellent communication with technical and non-technical people
• You’ll be expected to come up with cool new ideas, not just be a code monkey
• Be proactive in keeping your skills fresh
Qualifications and Experience
• Good knowledge of cross-browser HTML and CSS
• Experience using C# and working in an MVC framework.
• Experience with patterns and best practices for writing and organizing code and components.
• Savvy understanding of UI principles
• A strong background in OOP
• Extensive experience in all major browser development/debugging tools
• Familiarity with website analytics and optimization tools
• Familiarity with SQL
. Experience with Linux and Perl a plus
The role is not 100% UI focused and requires a well-rounded engineer. You will have to be able to code and support products in the front and back ends so you should have good knowledge of OO, be able to apply yourself to solving problems, and know what makes for good, maintainable, and scalable code.
Education and Training
• BS Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of relevant experience with progressive responsibilities in developing web-based products.