align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Japanese Meetup Group Message Board › Nagasaki Shicho-Sama Wa Shindai Desu!!!

Nagasaki Shicho-Sama Wa Shindai Desu!!!

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 532
Konnichi Wa to All:

Iccho Ito Nagasaki Shicho-Sama wa Shindai!
Tonjobi: 23rd August 1945
Shindai: 17th April 2007

Kyo no aida ni Yakuza no Akuto-nin wa Kono Heiwa Shinsetsu na Shicho-Sama de Kappo Shimashita!

While campaigning for re-election Nagasaki Mayor Iccho Ito-Sama was shot twice in the back at point-blank range outside a train station. Police have arrested Tetsuya Shiroo on suspicion of the murder. Shiroo is believed to have connections to the Yamaguchi-gumi, an organized crime group.

I had met Iccho Ito Shicho-Sama in 1995 when I was a Volunteer for the Vancouver Healing Voices Organization, which put on the Vancouver 50th Anniversary Commemoration Ceremonies of the dropping of the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb.

In mid September, Iccho Ito Shicho-Sama came to visit Vancouver to see the Exhibit that we had put together for the Commemoration and he gave us all Gifts of Appreciation for putting on the Exhibit. We all got Nagasaki Memorial Pins for our Suits and Jackets.

At the Exhibition, we all got Commemoration Program Books in which was published a Picture of Iccho Ito Shicho-Sama with a Memorial Article about the Atomic Bomb written by him. I travelled to Nagasaki Japan in June 2000 and got him to sign his Autograph to the Exhibition Program on the page of his Article.

I am Greatly Saddened and Upset at his being Assasinated!

He was such a Great Stalwart Champion for Peace and Nuclear Disarmament.

Kono Hito-Sama wa Itsumo Oboeteimasu!!!

:(

Ki No Ronin
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 498
I am a member of the Findagrave.com Memorial Website.

I just finished creating his Findagrave Grave Listing. Please Click On:
http://www.findagrave...­

KNR
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 499
All this week, John Lennon's Tune "Give Peace A Chance" has been going on over and over in my head:

http://www.youtube.co...­

Lyrics:
Ev'rybody's talking about
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, that-ism
Isn't it the most
All we are saying is give peace a chance

Ministers, Sinisters, Banisters and canisters,
Bishops and Fishops and Rabbis and Pop eyes,
And bye bye, bye byes.

Let me tell you now
Revolution, Evolution, Mastication, Flagelolation, Regulations.
Integrations, Meditations, United Nations, Congratulations

Oh Let's stick to it
John and Yoko, Timmy Leary, Rosemary, Tommy smothers, Bob Dylan,
Tommy Cooper, Derek Tayor, Norman Mailer, Alan Ginsberg, Hare Krishna,
Hare Krishna

KNR
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 777
Awens to All:

Today is the 2nd Anniversary of the Assasination of Iccho Itoh, the Mayor of Nagasaki, a Man that I actually met and Admired.

Below is an English Translation of Transcript of his last Speech for Peace in 2006 on August 9th.

[url]http://www.wagingpeac...­[/url]

It goes:

“What can people possibly be thinking?”

At the close of the 61st year following the atomic bombings, voices of anger and frustration are echoing throughout the city of Nagasaki.

At 11:02 a.m. on August 9, 1945, a single atomic bomb destroyed our city, instantly claiming the lives of 74,000 people and injuring 75,000 more. People were burned by the intense heat rays and flung through the air by the horrific blast winds. Their bodies bathed in mordant radiation, many of the survivors continue to suffer from the after-effects even today. How can we ever forget the anguished cries of those whose lives and dreams were so cruelly taken from them?

And yet, some 30,000 nuclear weapons stand ready nonetheless to annihilate humanity.

A decade ago, the International Court of Justice stated that the threat or use of nuclear weapons would generally be contrary to the rules of international law, strongly encouraging international society to strive for the elimination of nuclear armaments. Six years ago at the United Nations, the nuclear weapon states committed themselves not merely to prevent proliferation, but to an unequivocal undertaking to accomplish the total elimination of their nuclear arsenals.

Nuclear weapons are instruments of indiscriminate genocide, and their elimination is a task that mankind must realize without fail.

Last year, the 2005 Review Conference of the Parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, to which 189 countries are signatories, ended without result, and no progress has been observed since.

The nuclear weapon states have not demonstrated sincerity in their efforts at disarmament; the United States of America in particular has issued tacit approval of nuclear weapons development by India, and is moving forward with the construction of cooperative arrangements for nuclear technology. At the same time, nuclear weapon declarant North Korea is threatening the peace and security of Japan and the world as a whole. In fact, the very structure of non-proliferation is facing a crisis due to nuclear ambitions by various nations including Pakistan, which has announced its possession of nuclear arms; Israel, which is widely considered to possess them; and Iran.

The time has come for those nations that rely on the force of nuclear armaments to respectfully heed the voices of peace-loving people, not least the atomic bomb survivors, to strive in good faith for nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation, and to advance towards the complete abolishment of all such weapons.

It must also be said that nuclear weapons cannot be developed without the cooperation of scientists. We would urge scientists to realize their responsibility for the destiny of all mankind, not just for their own particular countries, and to abandon the development of nuclear arms.

Once again we call upon the Japanese government, representing as it does a nation that has experienced nuclear devastation firsthand, to ground itself in reflection upon history, uphold the peaceful intentions of the constitution, enact into the law the three non-nuclear principles, and work for establishment of a Northeast Asian Nuclear Weapon-Free Zone, that the tragedy of war may not occur again. We also urge the Japanese government to provide greater assistance to aging atomic bomb survivors, both within Japan and overseas.

For 61 years, the hibakusha atomic bomb survivors have recounted their tragic experiences to succeeding generations. Many have chosen not to hide the keloid scars on their skin, continuing to tell of things that they might rather not remember. Their efforts are indeed a starting point for peace. Their voices reverberate around the world, calling for the deepest compassion of those who are working to ensure that Nagasaki is the last place on our planet to have suffered nuclear destruction.

The 3rd Nagasaki Global Citizens’ Assembly for the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons will be held in October of this year. We invite people working for peace to span generations and national boundaries, and gather together to communicate. Let us firmly join hands and foster an even stronger network for nuclear abolition and peace, extending from Nagasaki throughout the world.

We remain confident that the empathy and solidarity of all those who inherit the hopes of the hibakusha atomic bomb survivors will become an even more potent force, one that will surely serve to realize a peaceful world free of nuclear weapons.

In closing, we pray for the undisturbed repose of the souls of those who lost their lives in such misery, we resolve that 2006 should be a new year of departure, and we proclaim our commitment to continue to strive for the establishment of lasting world peace.

Iccho Itoh was the mayor of Nagaski. [He died in April 2007]

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,048
To Heika Tenno Sama:
C/O: The Government of Japan.

On the occasion of the 3rd Anniversary of the Assasination of the Mayor of Nagasaki Icho Itoh-Sama, I am wishing to write to make the following Nomination.

About six months ago, When I was researching the career of Haguchi, the phorsensic scientist who works and lives in Los Angeles, when I found reference to he being awarded an Order of the Golden Treasure.

Upon researching the histories of the Japanese Order of the Golden Treasure, I found that many distinguished Japanese Heros and Philanthropists have been awarded an Order of the
Gold Treasure. On further research into such Honours, I found reference that such Honours have been known to be Posthomously Awarded.

I therefore make Nomination that it be considered that Icho Itoh be Posthumously Awarded an Order of the Gold Treasure in order to recognize the good work he did in promoting
Peace in our World, and making endeavours to banish Nuclear Weapons.

Icho Itoh was also my Favorite Hero and I was a Devotee of his Message of Peace, so I would love to see the day when he gets an Posthumously Awarded this Order.

San Nen no Kinenhi no Nagasaki Shi-Cho Icho Itoh-Sama no Kapo no aida ni, watashi wa Susumetai Desu.

Kyonen, Los Angeles Karada Sonseisha Haguchi-Sama no rekishi wa benkyo shimashita soshite kono benkyo no aida ni Nihon No Soshiki no Kin na Takaramono no monogatari wa Manabimashita.

Soshiki no Kin na Takaramono no benkyo no aida ni takusan Taisetsu na Meiyo no Nihonjin no monogatari wa manabimashita.

Dewa Nihon no Seifu no Kisoku no Shindai no ato ni, kono Kin na Takaramono no Sho wa ageru koto ga dekiru koto ga manabimashita.

Dakara watashi wa Suisen Shitai Desu. Watashi no iken ni Icho Itoh-Sama kono taisetsu na Sho wa Atari Shimasu!

Kono Shi-Cho-Sama wa Heiwa ni Shinji Shimashita soshite Heiwa ni Omairimashita. Genshi na Bakudan soshite Genshi Buki wa itsumo Ha Kai Shitai Deshita. Watashi no ichiban na Heiwa na Hero to imashita! Kono Hito no Heiwa na imi itsumo Oshietai Desu soshite renshu Itashimasu

Watashi no seibutsu no aida ni, kono Sho no Ataeru wa Mitai Desu.

Gasho Ni

David C. Corrin
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,719
Konnichiwa to All:

I have decided to make Rejoining this Meetup Group as a part of my Memorial Commorations of the Anniversary of the Assasination of Nagasaki Shicho Mayor Iccho Itoh-Sama.

Kyo kara Roku Nen no mae ni Iccho Itoh Nagasaki Shicho-Sama ni Kapo Shimasheeta dewa Shindai ni Narimasheeta. Kono Heiwa no Hito Itsu Made mo Oboeteimasu!

Six Years Ago Today, The Most Honourable Mayor of Nagasaki Iccho Itoh-Sama was Shot. This Man of Peace must always be Remembered!

I have lit a Virtual Candle in his Memory:

http://www.gratefulne...­

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,764
Awens to All:

Today is the 7th Anniversary of the Assassination of the Mayor of Nagasaki Iccho Itoh Shicho-Sama.

Here is my Commemorative Virtual Candle Dedicated to Iccho Itoh-Sama:

And I just uploaded a Video that is a Scene from a History Program about Charles Lindbergh in which his Daughter Reeve states that her Father concluded upon finding Evidence of the Holocaust that there must be something wrong with All Of Humanity. Not just the Germans or the Japanese or the Jews, but something must be Wrong with All Of Humanity to do something like that.

I uploaded the Video in Dedication to the Memory of Iccho Itoh Shicho-Sama:

https://www.youtube.c...­

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,797
Kyo ni Iccho Itoh Shindai Kinenhi Desu.
Kono Heiwa Hito wa Itsumo Oboeteimasu.
Oboeteru na Rasoko wa Desu:
Today is the Anniversary of the Death of the Nagasaki Mayor Iccho Itoh Shicho-Sama who was Assassinated on this Day in 2007.
I will always Remember him and his Message of Peace!

3X3