Japanese Meetup Group Message Board › New Restaraunt suggestions?

New Restaraunt suggestions?

Rolf
RolfVancouver
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 17
Please mail me any suggestions you have for a New Japanese restaraunt to visit and I will post the ones that meet our criteria for a vote :-)
Rolf
RolfVancouver
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 19
Please mail me any suggestions you have for a New Japanese restaraunt to visit and I will post the ones that meet our criteria for a vote :-)

I set up a new poll to decide where we will meet next time. Please vote on it so I can get an idea of what is good for people. Poll will close on Tuesday and I will announce the location on Wednesday.
Steve
Steve.in.Canada
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
I went to the poll and didn't know how to vote.
I am not too keen on Kamai Royal, but it may be a necessary evil, if the other options mean limiting the numbers. Are there not any other larger Japanese restaurants that allow for large numbers, but a little more movement?

Steve
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 922

Last night, I went to the Meditation Session at the Shambala Center at 3275 Heather Street, and not too far away is a place called "Hachi Bei".

My meditation session started at 7:00pm, and I got there at 6:00pm, so I went around the corner to check out the Japanese Restaurant and ordered Udon Shirumono and Chicken Karaage.

I enjoyed their Udon Shirumono and their Karaage was Pari Pari Shita. As far as I recall there was certainly 6 Pieces of Karaage, but there could have been 8.

The entire Staff is totally Japanese and they seemed happy to have a customer that ordered his food in Japanese.

Here is their Website:

http://www.hachibei.c...­

I might go to next Wednesday's Meiso Suru at Shambala Center and arrive at 6:00pm so that I can go enjoy Hachi Bei.

If anyone of you are in Buddhist Meditation and are a dedicant of the Dalai Lama, you might join me to go to the Shambala O-Tera to do Taisetsu na Meiso Suru at that Shambala Center as it is a Temple devoted to Tibetan Buddhism.

Also, I do recommend doing a Japanese Language Meetup at this location.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 941

Just to let you know, I am going to the next Meditation Session at the Shambala Center this upcoming Wednesday, which is locate just around the corner from Hachi Bei Japanese Restaurant.

I am arriving at 5:00pm to go to the Hachi Bei Japanese Restaurant to have some more of their Delicious Japanese Quisine and sit and study my Japanese Language Notes.

Kon Shu no Suiyobi Gogo Go ji ni Hachi Bei Nihon no Sushiya de Tsukimasu soshite kono Oishi na Oishii na Nihon no Tabemono wa Tabetai Desu dakara ni Nihongo no Hon wa Benkyo Shitai Desu.

If you want to join me, please feel free to come along.

3X3

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,068
Konnichiwa to All:

Last Suiyobi, I went to Hachi Bei Sushiya to have Sushi before going to Taisetsu na MeisO Suru at the Shimbala Center.

They have a Nice New Waitress there now and she is Very Nice and Courteous.

I didnt get her name, but I liked her a lot and I look forward to going to Hachi Bei to have Dinner before going over to having Taisetsu na MeisO at Shimbala Center from now on so that I can get some more of her Good Service.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,424
Just to let you all know, I am going to MeisO Suru Meditation tonight at Shambala Center, and will be having Dinner at Hachi Bei before going to the Shambala Temple.

I plan on have their Niwa Tori Udon Shirumono Soup with a couple of Rolls of Sushi.

3X3