Japanese Meetup Group Message Board › Major Event At Japanese Buddhist Temple!

Major Event At Japanese Buddhist Temple!

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 894

Here is information about a Major Event that is happening at the Steveston Japanese Buddhist Temple at 11786 Fentiman Place, Richmond, BC:

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--

The Number 42!

That Is The Answer To Life, The Universe And Everyting!

Refering to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!:

http://en.wikipedia.o...­'s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

"In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (published in 1979), the characters visit the legendary planet Magrathea, home to the now-collapsed planet-building industry, and meet Slartibartfast, a planetary coastline designer who was responsible for the fjords of Norway. Through archival recordings, he relates the story of a race of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings who built a computer named Deep Thought to calculate the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. When the answer was revealed to be 42, Deep Thought had predicted that another computer, more powerful than itself would be made and designed by it to calculate the question for the answer. (Later on, referencing this, Adams would create the 42 Puzzle, a puzzle which could be approached in multiple ways, all yielding the answer 42.)"

Anata No Aimono Taisetsu Desu!!!

Kittei Gaiteimasu!!!

TheDruid-3X3

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--

Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:18:25 -0800

Hi, It is for the public and free informal talk of recollection of my 42 years of career. You can spread the words to your friends if they are interested. In gassho, orai

From: TheDruid-3X3 Corrin Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 3:56 PM
To: Orai Fujikawa
Subject: RE: Your Temple's Open Times

Hai! Kitai Desu!

Would you like me to inform the Vancouver Meditation Meetup Group that you did that nice Meditation Demonstration for about a year ago? They might make it an event for their group.

http://www.meetup.com...­

Watashi no Meiso Suru no soshiki de Iite no idesu ka? Anata no iimono wa jiken de tabun ikitai desu.

Also, I am member of Vancouver Japanese Language Meetup Group. Soshite Watashi Wa Nihongo no Nihongo no Aimono Soshiki Memba to imasu.

http://japanese.meetu...­

Is there any Japanese Language Practise Sessions at your Temple that my Nihon No Kotoba Kurabu might like to come and participate in?

Shiritai Desu!

Druid Dave

PS:

I hope some of my emails about Hate and such in early December did not offend you. I was feeling a bit Depressed at having been recently gotten laid off from my Zoenka Shigoto.

Hi Dave, I will be talking on Sat Jan 16, 2pm at Steveston Buddhist Temple for about one hour. Orai fujikawa

To: Orai Fujikawa
Subject: Your Temple's Open Times

Konnichiwa Orai Fujikawa Sensei-San:

Sen Shumatsu no aida ni, Steveston Bukkyo no Tera wa Otozuremashita. Zennennagara ni kore wa Kakemashita. Kono Tera no naka ni Meiso Shitai Deshita soshite Nihongo wa Benkyo Shitai Deshita.

Anata no Tera wa Itsu ni Akemasu Ka? Watashi wa ima Chijikaiko Suru Desu soshite takusan jiken wa ima motteimasu. Itsuka ni Anata no Tera no naka ni Shizuka ni Meiso Shitai Desu soshite Nihongo wa Benkyo Shitai Desu.

During last weekend, I went to visit Steveston Buddhist Temple. Unfortunately, it was Locked. I wanted to go into the Temple Pews to Meditate and study my Japanese Language Notes.

When is your Temple open for any casual visits? I am now seasonal laidoff from my Landscaping work and now have lots of time on my hands. Sometimes, I would like to go into your temple and quietly Meditate and study my Japanese Language Notes.

Druid Dave

Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. See the Windows 7 offers now.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 270.14.124/2599 - Release Date: 01/04/10 08:24:00

Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. See the Windows 7 offers now.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 270.14.126/2601 - Release Date: 01/05/10 07:35:00

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online.

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 927

Konnichiwa to All:

Yesterday, I went to the Steveston Buddhist to attend Bishop Fujikawa Sensei-San talk on his experiences of his 42 years of being a Buddhist Priest in Canada.

He started in Lethbridge Alberta. That is where there are a lot of Japanese there who do Sugar Beet Farming, which they continued to do after they had been interned there during WW2.

Then he went to work at a Buddhist Temple in Toronto for a few years, and then moved to Kelowna where for over 10 years, he operated that Templed. Since becoming Bishop, he has served at the Steveston Buddhist Temple.

He is Very Wise!

And I just got an Email from Orai Fujikawa Sensei-San saying that on Saturday February 6th, his Temple will be open for people to come and do a Commemorative Chant for the Victims of the Haiti Earthquake. This will start at 10:00am and close at 4:00pm. You can drop off any Charitable Contributions for the Relief Efforts to the Temple.

The Temple is located at 4360 Garry Street, Richmond, BC, 604-277-2323.

Seeing that Japan is located under a very active seismic zone, I think the Japanese will have a lot of Empathy for the Earthquake Victims of Haiti.

Actually, you guys to make it into a Japanese Language Meetup if you want.

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 933
I just spotted this on the Meetup Hompage:

http://meetupblog.mee...­

Seems that there is a movement about to create Meetups to help raise relief funds for Haiti.

February 6th at the Steveston Japanese Buddhist Temple would be perfect for our group.

Ni Getsu Muika Steveston Nihon no Bukkhyo O-Tera no Jiken wa Kanpeki Desu!

Itteimasu.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,744
Mai Getsu no aida ni Ichiban Nichiyobi no aida ni Steveston Jinja no naka ni Itsumo Meiso Shitai Desu.

Kono Kesa no aida ni, kono Taisetsu na Bukkyo Jinja Itteimasu soshite Bukkyo no Meiso Shimasho.

Kono Taisetsu na Dekigoto ni Sanka Gaiteimasu. Bonsai!

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,763
Konnichiwa to All:

Kino Vancouver Bukkyo Tabemono Bazaar O-Matsuri ni Ikimashita.

Yesterday, I went to the Vancouver Buddhist Food Bazaar Festival.

Ichiban Udon Shirumono Kippu wa Kaimashita. Kono Tabemono Kippu wa Yon Dollar Ni Ju Go Cents Ikura Deshita.

First, I bought a Udon Soup Tickets. The Food Ticket cost $.4.25:

When we got in, I recorded a Video for YouTube of the first 3 minutes of the Food Bazaar O-Matsuri:

http://www.youtube.co...­

I then got my seat and turned in my Udon Ticket and got my Udon Shirumono Soup which I enjoyed with the company of a nice elderly couple. It was when I was enjoying my Udon Shirumono Soup that I ran into Les who was the legacy Site Coordinator for the Japanese Powell Street Festival. It was nice seeing him again.

After finishing my Udon Shirumono, I got a plate of Chicken Karaage and Iwashi Sardine Sushi that I then enjoyed. They were very delicious and I got an extra plate of Karaage to have this evening after work putting it onto a bed of Gohan Steamed Rice.

I then walked about while drinking my Midori Ocha Green Tea and noticed that they access to the Jinja Heya Temple Room as open. So I went in and observed a Sensei-San Teacher who was instructing some Devotees on the Philosophies of the Buddha. After they finished doing their discussions and left, I got to spend some time alone in the Jinja Temple doing Meiso Shimasu Meditation for a while. That was when I snapped this Picture of the Jinja Heya Temple Room:

After enjoying some Tabemono Food and Meiso Shimasu Meditations, I then bought a few things from the Kaimono Products Tables and then went home.

I enjoyed the Tabemono O-Matsuri Food Bazaar and I am looking forward for another one in the Future.

3X3