Junko
user 3074377
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 28
Anyone has a takoyaki maker ? We would like to plan a Takoyaki party for the club, but we need one more takoyaki maker in order to serve delicious takoyaki for everyone ! Let me know if you own one.
scott w.
user 8071882
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 69
Hi Junko! What the heck is a takoyaki maker?! Is it like a bread maker? Throw in some spices, some small sticks and a mid-size octopus and out pops a whole bunch of octopi on a stick?!! :-)~
Marvin H.
user 13565424
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 2
It is kind of like a waffle maker, but there are a bunch of indentations that make golf-ball shaped "donuts" if you will. Depending on the size, you can make around 12 to 24 takoyaki balls at the same time. Yoshie and I would like to help host a takoyaki party, but we only have a very small one, and it would take a significant amount of time to make enough for everyone who attends. If we could find another person to join us, then we can start planning the event.
Carolina
user24867221
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 34
oh theres alot on ebay. . ebay!
scott w.
user 8071882
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 70
Nice find Carol! There aren't inexpensive are they? And once you have one where do you get the tako for yaki-ing? :-)
Lynn
user 11626481
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 18
I don't have a takoyaki maker, but I have two Danish aebleskiver cast iron pans. (My husband is Danish) They are very similar to takoyaki pans. I can bring them when you need it. See below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/D...­

Lynn
Junko
user 3074377
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 29
Hey, Marvin and Yoshi
I got a Tokoyaki maker from Japan. I bought it on my last trip to Japan a few days ago. It was only 980 yen.
It makes 18 takoyaki. Let's plan a Takoyaki party. By the way, do you have an adapter ?

Junko
Marvin H.
user 13565424
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 3
Hey, Marvin and Yoshi
I got a Tokoyaki maker from Japan. I bought it on my last trip to Japan a few days ago. It was only 980 yen.
It makes 18 takoyaki. Let's plan a Takoyaki party. By the way, do you have an adapter ?

Junko

Hi Junko,

That sounds great! We don't have an adapter, unfortunately, but I may know someone who does. Having the party at our place (or nearby) is an option. Let's stay in touch.