addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Japanese Culture and Language Meetup Group Message Board › Japanese beer in USA?

Japanese beer in USA?

nekota.kacho
user 71251662
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hello, I am in search of finding real Kirin canned beer in the USA. No, I do not mean Kirin USA (made in Canada), I mean Kirin made in Japan. Or any beer made in Japan.

Is this possible? Asahi Imports in Austin only carries KIRIN USA (made in Canada).

Am I completely doomed?
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I tried to post earlier, but it didn't work. Anyway, I spend around 16 years working, surviving, and drinking beer in Japan. Asahi Super Dry is my current favorite and I drink it often. But I feel that it tastes the same here as it does in Japan. And on my last trip to Japan, in July this year, I drank lots of Asahi, Ebisu, Sapporo, Kirin and of course loved all of it. But it really did seem to taste the same to me. Who knows. I love Japanese beer regardless.
But you do know we have good local Austin breweries making good beer right here in Austin. And I enjoy drinking it every Wednesday evening at the Opal Divine's off of Parmer Lane with my buddies, only $2.50 a mug.
Don't forget - it's always Beer Season!