The Austin Japanese Culture and Language Meetup Group Message Board › Study groups

Study groups

Closed to new replies

Casey
user 11064715
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Would anyone be interesting in forming a Japanese study group? I figure each person could pick a topic they know about or would like to know more about, prepare a short lesson, and then present it to the rest of the group. We'll be able to learn about new topics and master the ones we're teaching.

Some topic ideas could be things like:
Particles
A selection of Kanji
Hiragana/Katakana
Advanced Particles

Or anything your heart desires.

Let me know if you're interested in setting this up.

頑張ります­!
jinhan
jinhan
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 2
いいかんが­えですね。­(Good idea.) きょみがあ­るでも、(I'm interested, but...) 今日本にい­ます、らい­年まで。(I'm in Japan now... until next year.) I'll join in if you're still doing it when I return.
Larry
shinshi360
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
If you would like to have "study Meetups" where people can get together and present to the rest of the group, we can arrange that. However, if there is no native or near-native speaker to validate the proper syntax and semantics of the grammar, you may be teaching the wrong thing to other people, which I highly discourage.

Furthermore, I strongly discourage the use of our Meetup's resources (such as this discussion board) to form sub-groups for your own purposes. See this thread for more info:

http://japanese.meetu...­