Mitsuwa Market Area Japanese Language and Culture MeetUp Message Board › Really? Only Thursday nights? (and someone you should meet)

Really? Only Thursday nights? (and someone you should meet)

A former member
Post #: 16
I want to ask Jeremy if there is any possibility for scheduling a meetup on a weekend. I work 4 nights a week and I'm afraid I can't make it.

By the way, I met Chris Lacey recently, and he is the NICEST young man I've met in a long time. He is definitely someone you should know. He's intellegent, patient, a gentle soul, friendly, inquisitive, kind, I could go on but I don't want to TOTALLY embarrass him....oh probably too late!

Carol
Jim L.
user 6258809
Group Organizer
Mundelein, IL
Post #: 8
Jeremy is rather busy these days, but I am able to organize meetups. I would be interested in joining a Friday evening or Saturday morning meetup.

Mitsuwa tends to be a bit crowded on the weekend, but I think we can sign up for a meeting room at Arlington Heights Library which is located 10 min north of Mitsuwa.
A former member
Post #: 17
Depending on where a new meet-up is held, I'd be interested in a Saturday meet. Friday's would still be difficult because of timing...takes too long to get from downtown to the meet-up.

Keep me updated!

-Dave
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm at a loss for words, and red as a beet!

Carol, you speak too highly of me. smile You are every bit as wonderful as your selfless words suggest I might be, if not more.

I am highly interested in Japan and its culture, so I hope you wouldn't mind me joining the next meet-up. I work in downtown Chicago until half past four, so I would probably be ten minutes late or so. I apologize for this inconvenience, but I hope that you would accommodate this selfish guy.
Jamie T.
user 10875769
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 3
I think a Saturday meetup, particularly mid-morning, wouldn't be a bad idea. That way, even if people have plans later on in the day, they can still do both. It'd be worth experimenting with, at any rate. smile
A former member
Post #: 12
Chris,

There is another Japanese meetup in Chicago downtown area. They hold meetups in Sundays and weekday's evenings. If the distance is an issue, this is worth trying. I joined a few of their Japanese meetups in downtown, they were all great.

Kenji

I'm at a loss for words, and red as a beet!

Carol, you speak too highly of me. smile You are every bit as wonderful as your selfless words suggest I might be, if not more.

I am highly interested in Japan and its culture, so I hope you wouldn't mind me joining the next meet-up. I work in downtown Chicago until half past four, so I would probably be ten minutes late or so. I apologize for this inconvenience, but I hope that you would accommodate this selfish guy.

Emma
voiceofwind
Peoria, IL
Post #: 3
I would like to join the Saturday meetings, too.
I prefer mid-afternoon tea time since I have to drive from Peoria, but still can try the mid-morning meetings.
A former member
Post #: 14
It may be the time that other meetups need to be set up such as "Saturday Japanese Language and Culture Meetup" in addition to the current Thursday's one. The present participants on Thursdays may not necessary be able to join any other meetups because Thursday may be the only suitable day for them.
A former member
Post #: 18
I can do a Saturday afternoon meet-up at Mitsuwa. I try to get out there anyway for lunch. But the mall may be crowded, but that's at lunch time...I've never stuck around until later in the afternoon.

In fact, I'm heading there this Saturday for lunch, and some Manga shopping.
Jeremy
user 6173059
Naperville, IL
Post #: 16
Hello Everyone,

Basically the only reason that I know for the meeting to be on Thursdays is "Thats When they always were". Lately I have not been able to make the Thursday meeting (due to a Japanese class at the same time). So lets try a Saturday and see who shows up.

What do you guys think?

Jer