Mitsuwa Market Area Japanese Language and Culture MeetUp Message Board › Really? Only Thursday nights? (and someone you should meet)

Really? Only Thursday nights? (and someone you should meet)

Emma
voiceofwind
Peoria, IL
Post #: 5
Well, I went to Mitsuwa on Saturday, I met Kenji for the first time (very nice to meet you, hope to see you in future Meet-ups)

I was at the mall from about 11:15 to 3, and I can tell you that the crowd never let up, there were so many people that I couldn't find any space to have any meetings...if we do a Saturday thing, perhaps a different venue will be necessary.

I was able to buy a few Manga though, I bought the first issue of "One Piece", "Fairytail" and "Vagabond" (That last one was from a recommendation from Jeremy-san. They are in Japanese, so I'm guessing it will take me several months to read a single one ;)

anyway, back on topic, any suggestions on where to meet on a Saturday?

ja ne,
Dave

I went to Chicago right after my morning class, so I didn't get to see this message and unfortunately missed you Dave and Kenji. (ㅠ_ㅠ) As you said, Mitsuwa was still very crowded around 2:30-4pm. I don't know much about the area around Mitsuwa, so can't suggest any other places, but in turn, I'm open to any locations unless it is another 3 hr drive distance (^__^;). Also, I don't mind joining with other ESL groups. After all, it is all about sharing other languages, ideas and the cultures.