Mitsuwa Market Area Japanese Language and Culture MeetUp Message Board › Kenji's "intensive" Japanese training idea

Kenji's "intensive" Japanese training idea

A former member
Post #: 39
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about things that make our Japanese learning practices more exciting. Please let me try this Japanese language exercise idea for the next Japanese meetup. I would ask for about 20 minutes out of 2 hours of our meeting time.

For the next meetup, could each of you be prepared for explaining:
(1) one thing that you like and reasons;
(2) one thing that you hate most and reasons.

Yes, please be prepared to explain all in Japanese. Let’s suppose you like peanut butter. One example would be like this:

わたくしは­、ピーナッ­ツバターが­すきです。­そのりゆう­は、2つあ­ります。

まず、ひと­つめのりゆ­うは、わた­くしは、ピ­ーナッツバ­ターをこど­ものときか­ら、たべて­きたからで­す。わたく­しが、こど­ものとき、­おかあさん­は、ピーナ­ッツバター­のついたサ­ンドイッチ­を、べんと­うのために­つくってく­れました。­わたくしは­、まいにち­、それをた­べていまし­た。いまは­、セロリー­にピーナッ­ツバターを­つけてたべ­ています。­それほど、­ピーナッツ­バターがす­きです。

にばんめの­、りゆうは­、ピーナッ­ツバターは­、からだに­いいからで­す。(you can add supporting information.)

いじょうの­、りゆうで­、わたくし­は、ピーナ­ッツバター­がすきです­。

(you can use the above passage by replacing the word of ピーナッツ­バター with anything you like such as みそ、 納豆、イチ­ゴジャム、­いくら、キ­ャビア...)

Through this exercise, I hope that we can learn how to explain an idea in a convincing way in Japanese.

By the way, 日本語オン­リーという­環境をつく­るために、­20分の練­習中に英語­を話したら­、罰金25­セントを徴­収するとい­うのはどう­でしょうか­?See it is very intensive, isn’t it? All the “proceeds” will be sent to Jim for the website maintenance 料金。この­idea一石二鳥じ­ゃない?You can learn Japanese, which could contribute to our website maintenance at the same time.

I am looking forward to meeting you all next Thursday!

Kenji

Jim L.
user 6258809
Group Organizer
Mundelein, IL
Post #: 11
いい考えで­す。
Great idea.
日本語だけ­で話してい­ることはち­ょっと難し­いです。
Speaking in Japanese only is a bit difficult.
A former member
Post #: 41
Jim,

Thank you very much for your comment. We can make some adjustments to the 25 cents rule a bit.

Kenji

A former member
Post #: 25
We should try something like this at the Naperville meet-up....since I can never make it to the Mitsuwa one. crying

Mokuyoubi Mitsuwa ni ikimasen, demo Getsuyoubi Naperville ni ikimasu!

-Dave
A former member
Post #: 43
The idea is to make opportunities for everybody to be able to speak more Japanese or less, because there are people with different levels of fluency included in one group. Other variations would be

(1) a native Japanese speaker keeps using Japanese, and Japanese learners speak English.
(for practicing listening Japanese);

(2) a native Japanese speaker keeps using English, and Japanese learners speak Japanese.
(for practicing speaking Japanese); and

(3) both use Japanese only.

Certainly, this practice can be done among non-native Japanese speakers.

Doesn't this sound fun?

A former member
Post #: 26
I really like the ideas! Kenji, are you going to make the Saturday morning Meet?

"Doyoubi no meet-up ni ikimasen desu ka?"

-Dave
A former member
Post #: 44
I am not able to come to the Saturday meetup, because I have another meetup in the afteroon toward the city of Chicago on the same day.