A former member
Post #: 159
Kotatsu iine! Thank you Hiro san for your idea. I would really like to make this happen. Kotatsu idea can be combined with Nabe and board/card games, the last two of which I can handle. Why don’t we try this Kotatsu idea out with a small group of people (e.g., 4 or 5) as an experiment to see how it would go. Then, if it is successful, we could extend it for future events. Looking for a few additional collaborators for this endeavor. Is it ok with you Hiro san? Open to suggestions.
hiro t.
user 13203127
Roselle, IL
Post #: 2
Kotatsu should be fun. Its the ultimate relax/veg table. I originally bought one for my condo since i was used to using it at home. But my condo rarely gets cold so i have no use for it. for now 1 kotatsu can seat 4. I can get my hands on 1 more.
A former member
Post #: 160
Hiro san, did you use your kotatsu on the carpet floor, wooden, or else?
hiro t.
user 13203127
Roselle, IL
Post #: 3
Hiro san, did you use your kotatsu on the carpet floor, wooden, or else?
i used it on carpet. I have all the essentials for 1 kotatsu but i'll have to talk with you for the second one. If thats okay with you sempai?
A former member
Post #: 161
Do you think it could be set up on the wooden floor? One way to use it is that we could use it for December event. One nabe section is on the kotatsu or use it just as an eating table. Thank you for your inputs.
hiro t.
user 13203127
Roselle, IL
Post #: 4
Using it on a wooden floor should be no problem. We can just take a rug or something like it to put under it. Even without a rug it should work.
A former member
Post #: 61
Okay tell me about Kotatsu what is it?
hiro t.
user 13203127
Roselle, IL
Post #: 5
Okay tell me about Kotatsu what is it?

Houses in Japan do not have central heat so these are a required survival tool.

http://en.wikipedia.o...­
A former member
Post #: 162
Kotatsu can be too hot in an American house room. Well...Kotatsu outside in December? Well, it makes futon over Kotatsu dirty. It is not a good idea. Or Nabe outside? ;-) We could really appreciate how Nabe keeps us warm from inside of the body.... Looking for a few crazy people for this devourer.

In either way, Kotatsu and Nabe go together pretty well in Japan, party because the air in the house rooms in Japan is cold.
A former member
Post #: 62
Well it's not too hot if we turn down the heater...