add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board Cultural Opportunities › Community Service Project to Help Tohoku Earthquake Victims

Community Service Project to Help Tohoku Earthquake Victims

Esther (.
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 90
I was contacted by a local high school student about this project to help students in Japan. It sounds like a great idea! Would you all like to donate some backpacks and supplies? I'll collect them and take them to the Academy of the Holy Names. I'm planning to make some pin-back buttons with our logo so the kids will know who the backpacks are coming from. All kids like buttons, right?

Here's the request below. I'll let you all know when their auction is scheduled!

Hi my name is Caroline Donica and I'm a sophomore at Academy of
Holy Names in Tampa, Fl. My friends, family, and I are
participating in a community service project for students in
Japan that were affected recently by the earthquake and
tsunami. We will be collecting backpacks and school supplies
for a school in Japan that was affected by the natural
disasters. We will also be having an auction to raise money to
buy school supplies and backpacks. The auction will be some
time between mid-May to the end of May. We were hoping that the
Tampa Japanese Meetup could help us in any way. Any help is

Thanks and please respond,
Caroline Donica