align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board Benkyou Kai › Lang-8, Have your Japanese corrected by native speakers

Lang-8, Have your Japanese corrected by native speakers

SheilaG.
SheilaG.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Post #: 247
I'm putting this in 勉強会 because it pertains to learning Japanese. There is a really good website called Lang-8 where you write journal entries and those entries are corrected by native Japanese speakers or by those who are well-versed and fluent in Japanese. I started a couple years ago with this site but just recently became reacquainted with it. You can write in Japanese or romaji and you can write about anything you want so don't let being a beginner make you shy away from it : )

At the very least, please join and friend me so we can learn together. I'm Shiira and this is the link to my profile. I'm hoping to meet and make some new friends from the Tampa group.

P.S. - I'm very impressed with what I see of your benkyoukai meetups! Keep up the good work!
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 136
Thanks, Sheila! One of the 勉強会 participants is already on Lang-8, and another JET alumna was telling me about it last year too. I think I'll take your post as an impetus to get my butt out there!

Thanks for the kind words. I was hesitant to start this project because I'm not really qualified to teach anyone, since I don't really know the language myself. But perhaps we can encourage one another to keep studying--and that's a really big hurdle when it comes to learning a language, ね?
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 138
My profile: http://lang-8.com/441...­