align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board The Tampa Japanese Meetup Discussion Forum › Japanese children's books

Japanese children's books

A former member
Post #: 1
If anyone is interested, I read many children's books about Japan. Here are a few of my recent favorites.
Tea with Milk by Allen Say
Asian Children's Favorite Stories: A Treasury of Folktales from China, Japan, Korea, India, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia by Conger, David
Japanese Celebrations: Cherry Blossoms, Lanterns And Stars! by Reynolds, Betty
I Live in Tokyo by Mari Takabayashi
My Japan by Etsuko Watanabe This is my favorite! So kawaii!

Meighan
A former member
Post #: 8
Hello Meighan,

I am interested in the childrens books which you refer to on the message board. Recently, I started taking my daughter to the library for story time. That would be great if she could have story time with Japanese childrens books! I wish you lived closer. It would be great if you could show us the books at any meetups in the future. I am looking forward to seeing you someday!

Thank you,
Riko
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks for the recommendations. I will def look into them for my son. biggrin
A former member
Post #: 2
For those interested, I may have a bunch of Japanese children's books to sell or donate (depending on the book). They are all in Japanese and would be for kids up to about 7 years old (all levels), including school books and maybe some Shimajiro stuff. I haven't been through my son's bookshelf yet, but I will post them when I can, or if you are looking for a specific age range and topic, let me know.
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 22
If no one takes you up on that offer...or when they're done with the book, I can add it to our burgeoning Tampa Japanese Meetup Library (see the Files section under the More! tab).

Right now, I have a couple of videos (one checked out), 2 travel books, and several fiction offerings from the Japan Foundation New York's Japanese Contemporary Literature project. About to add some more from JFNY today! Everything so far is in English.
Jesse P.
Jesse_Palmer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 3
Hello Dave i will gladly take you up on that. Just pm me

Btw, are you Art's nitenryu sensei?

Cheers,
Jes
A former member
Post #: 6
I've made my Goodreads book list available to the public. My Asia list includes mostly Japan but also Korea and China.

http://www.goodreads....­