addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board About Tampa Japanese Meetup › Membership Dues

Membership Dues

Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Hello Everyone!

Been going back-and-forth on this issue in my mind for a while. I finally decided, however, to apply membership dues to this meetup. At only $3 per year, I'm hoping it won't cramp anyone's budget. To make the accounting easier, the $3 will be due each July. Next year, so new members don't get a "double hit," I'll waive the current year's dues if you join any time after March 31, 2011.

Of course, for those of you who have anticipated me and paid already. THANK YOU!!

You're all paid up until July 2011!

The money will be used to pay any organization fees that are not covered by sponsors and to create a "petty cash" fund to cover venue rental, supplies, and subsidize a New Year's Party.

~~~

I hope to be able to broaden the scope of our activites in the coming year. Today I plan to post our very first social gaming event which I hope will become a recurring meetup. I also plan to start up the end-of-month "I Ai Fridays" again soon. And...I'm working on getting a series of meetups started for Japanese Arts lessons such as Chado and Sumi-e.

Venues, as always, are one of the difficult parts of setting up these events. If anyone knows of a place that can host a small group for little compensation, please pass that along to me. We've had a few events at the UCC church here in the USF area and that's been great, but it's a long haul for some folks. I'd like to have a "little black book" of venues in various spots around the bay area so we can accommodate more of our members. We've just started utilizing county libraries, so that might be a big help for our events that don't involve food.

Thanks for being a part of the Tampa Japanese Meetup! Hope to see you soon.

~Esther
janet
user 12343748
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
me and my husband joined the meetup in june, how would we go about paying the fee? please let me know thanks in adanve.

janet
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 28
Hello Janet,

Since this is the very first time anyone has paid a membership fee on this meetup, there's no double billing issue this year. The special rule is just so you don't get asked for money a month or two after you pay when joining up.

Your interest in our group is appreciated! Thanks for the question, I'm sure others are wondering the same thing.

Thanks,
~Esther

me and my husband joined the meetup in june, how would we go about paying the fee? please let me know thanks in adanve.

janet

Christina
user 8586152
Tampa, FL
Post #: 4
I joined quite a long time ago but never went to any meet ups and never kept up with what was going on with this group due to personal issues. So, what should I do? Should I go ahead and pay on the next meet up on the 8th of August? I will be there.
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 37
That's fine, Christina. See you soon!

Maybe we can talk about Natsumatsuri 2011. ^_^ Tried to get some Lolitas to come out this year but it didn't work out.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,
I just joined so I wanted to get some clarification on how the membership dues work. From what I understand in this discussion, we pay the dues when we go to a meet up. On my side-bar, there is a "pay online" option. If I decide to pay this way, am I covered, or is it better to pay at a meet up?

I moved to Tampa about three or four days ago and am not sure when I'll be able to come to a meet-up, but since I plan on getting involved with activities here, I'd like to have my bases covered.
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 114
Dues are $3 for the year. You can either pay online or when you come to a meetup. Thanks for your interest & support! smile
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 157
Just in case someone stumbles onto this thread. I no longer ask for dues of any kind. biggrin