Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board About Tampa Japanese Meetup › Banner Discussion

Banner Discussion

Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 31
What do you think of our new banner?

Is the Japanese okay? (I'm a beginner, so there's a good chance it sounds weird or just wrong.)

Do you like our color scheme? Should we be more colorful?

Is the tatami background cool? Any suggestions for something different?

Is Hachiko a good "mascot" since we're all about Japan and meeting in general?

Is the picture quality good enough? It's from a photo I took, then fixed up in Photoshop to remove background clutter. I don't really know what I'm doing in Photoshop so it could be better...

Do you like the lantern better? (It's in the files section as TJM Banner if you want to see it.)

Any other ideas?
Riko
user 10120713
Tampa, FL
Post #: 10
Japanese is okay, but the last 3 KATAKANA characters are redundant. In my opinion, you should add a little more color to the banner. I do like the Hachiko's picture!

Riko
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 33
I went to Shibuya to buy some obento bako at the Loft store for fellow USF Beginning Japanese students. I knew I was going to come out of the station by the statue so I went looking for good old Hachiko!

Color sounds good to me too, but I'm always afraid to go over the top! I'll try for a green to tan gradient. That should go nicely with the tatami below. If that turns out too bland, maybe something with Hinomaru...

Regarding the "kurabu." I guess it says Tampa Japanese Club Club, huh? I was hoping it would equal something like Tampa Japanese Meet Club. ^_^ Oh, well, some things just don't translate...I'll drop the "kubabu" katakana.
A former member
Post #: 7
I love Hachiko! :)
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 34
Thanks! I got sort of lost in Shibuya. I was looking for the Loft and Tokyu Hands stores. I had to use the 109 building as a landmark because I couldn't find any street names. I saw Loft from a couple of streets over and ducked through an alleyway...but about 10% of all Shibuya is labeled "Tokyu" something so Tokyu Hands was harder for me to find. Should have taken my compass. But I found it finally.

So...now I have a green and orange color scheme. No, I'm not a Miami or FAMU super-fan--the green is to match the leaves behind Hachiko and the orange is for contrast. Still not happy with the pixelation around the text, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Dropped the redundant club club thing. (~_^)'

A former member
Post #: 1
It looks great! good job
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 38
Thanks!