addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Japanese Meetup @Singapore Message Board › 2nd Hand Japanese Bookstore in SG

2nd Hand Japanese Bookstore in SG

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi friends,
For those of you who are interested in Japanese books and manga, magazines etc....and don't mind used books, there's a bookstore I wish to recommend to you.
It is called Kishun Bookstore, and it is in the basement of Hong Leong Building in Shenton way. Hong Leong Bldg (tea colored facade) is just besides the AIA Bldg. I know most of you rely on Kinokuniya Bookstore, but are hesistant about the higher prices of the books.
This Kishun Bookstore is small, but well-stocked with Japanese books. I go there mainly for Japanese cookbooks, as well as books/magazines on business Japanese and Jpn-Asian relations. It is a good quiet place to browse around undisturbed, and if you have special requests for books you need, I think you can ask them to order for you. But for this, I am not exactly sure, so you have to ask at the counter.
Give this bookstore a visit, and you might find some valuable books in store for you!

Himiko
shimu
shimu
Singapore, SG
Post #: 3
Thanks! That's what I am looking for. I will check it out. Do you have by any chance know the opening hours? smile
A former member
Post #: 6

Kishun Bookstore
#B1-13 Hong Leong Bldg Basement
Tel: 62234113
Fax:62203816

Hrs:
M-F: 1000-1900hrs
Sat: 1000-1800hrs
Sun and Public Hols: Closed
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Dr Himiko,

Any books for self-study? And dictionary?

Thanks!

Hi friends,
For those of you who are interested in Japanese books and manga, magazines etc....and don't mind used books, there's a bookstore I wish to recommend to you.
It is called Kishun Bookstore, and it is in the basement of Hong Leong Building in Shenton way. Hong Leong Bldg (tea colored facade) is just besides the AIA Bldg. I know most of you rely on Kinokuniya Bookstore, but are hesistant about the higher prices of the books.
This Kishun Bookstore is small, but well-stocked with Japanese books. I go there mainly for Japanese cookbooks, as well as books/magazines on business Japanese and Jpn-Asian relations. It is a good quiet place to browse around undisturbed, and if you have special requests for books you need, I think you can ask them to order for you. But for this, I am not exactly sure, so you have to ask at the counter.
Give this bookstore a visit, and you might find some valuable books in store for you!

Himiko

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

I've got loads of old Japanese language bks which I have bought eons ago. After all these years, I've come to the realization that the number of language books owned is not directly proportional to the acquired relevant linguistics skill. Do you know if Kishun Bookstore or anywhere else is willing to buy my old books to enhance their current stocks ?

Cheers,
Chang cool
A former member
Post #: 7
Chang oppa,

Hey, don't dump your old books on me, yo. I think I am studying too much already. My brains are fried. No wonder they say Chinese eat anything. So much for your samgyetang fetish. But maybe you can arrange a sale/bookfair during the meetups. Chaemi itke kidaryo isso :-)
Seth2938
user 115762202
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Thank you for the information. Its valuable information for me
LyyyN
user 9356663
Singapore, SG
Post #: 14
Hi Chang,

What books do you have?
Can you email me your stock and offer price, I'll see if i'm interested. You can send it to linawatylim it's gmail.

Thanks.

Lina